Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

Just now, bpilktree said:

If they want to make a splash they can announce it same day they announce Blake Snell signing.  You will be king of the city for years.  

Can you imagine being a rich enough Orioles fan (Rubenstein) where you get so sick and tired of this off-season you grab your checkbook get in your car and drive down to the warehouse and just buy the team. That’s the vision I have in my head on how this played out haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Justinlstn said:

So we're not fully done with the Angelos family until Peter passes.  Orioles fan in me worries still a way for that family to screw things up.

They won’t sell it all til he passes for tax purposes so it will take a bit of time.  It is a good 8 or 9 figure difference in selling it while he is alive compared to when he dead.  They might be cheap but they not dumb.  They will wait it out.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the Angelos family owns 100% of the team.

As majority owner the team is sold and Angelos partners get paid out. 

hopefully Rubenstein negotiated an operating agreement that will allow him to approve spending right out of the gate.