Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guggenheim Partners.

I think that’s assets though, vs $5 billion or so individually. Not sure how net worth breaks down among owners when the team is such a sizable chunk of that worth.

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Getting rid of Dan Snyder and Angelos within a year of each other is truly unbelievable. This is all I’ve really wanted as a fan from both teams for a very long time. You can win multiple championships but you can only get rid of a truly terrible owner that’s had a 20 or 30 year chokehold on your favorite team once. 

Bright days ahead, guys. I’m gonna crack a beer now. 

This news means a rare mid week bourbon night. Some of the good stuff. 🤣

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully these guys are smart enough to not say, I want to bring in my own people….just let Elias and his people be.

You would hope part of the appeal of buying the Orioles is in how well their front office is currently running things. 

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Repeating a point I made when the rumor first came out, Rubenstein is a very charitable guy who has given away hundreds of millions of dollars and has pledged to donate half his fortune to charity.  So, I very much doubt he’s buying the Orioles as a cash cow.   He will want to win.  

At his age, he might want to spend right away...