Jorge Mateo 2024

Just Regular

Per Roch:

"I was getting loose, looking at the pitcher and I did kind of like a circle stretch, pretty normal stuff," Mullins said. "He was right behind me. Didn't even see him.

"I just saw him in the kitchen. He seems to be doing OK.”

Let’s hope.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Per Roch:

"I was getting loose, looking at the pitcher and I did kind of like a circle stretch, pretty normal stuff," Mullins said. "He was right behind me. Didn't even see him.

Let’s hope.  

That on deck swing that Mullins hit Mateo with... was probably Mullins best contact with a bat  on the day.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Per Roch:

Let’s hope.  

Idiots looking for attention on social media are claiming Mullins did it on purpose.  Where are we at in society?  Also, @Roy Firestone attempt at a joke just now is pathetic.

Hoping for the best for Jorge - if it is a concussion, they are never fun (I've had way too many).  Also, hope Cedric is able to move past this freak accident and focus on getting his hitting going.  We need him.

Edited by yark14
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

That on deck swing that Mullins hit Mateo with... was probably Mullins best contact with a bat  on the day.

That joke was probably in a lot of people’s heads but those people decided not to go there.  We’ll give you a mulligan.

P.S. Not for nothing but if I’m walking up behind a teammate with a bat in his hand I’m making enough noise until he looks and sees me there.

When my son was in little league one of his friends got hit in the mouth by a bat that another kid was swinging behind the backstop, and had a bunch of teeth knocked loose.  The mom immediately pulled her kid off the team, and most of the moms blamed the dads for not creating a more disciplined environment.  

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

That joke was probably in a lot of people’s heads but those people decided not to go there.  We’ll give you a mulligan.

P.S. Not for nothing but if I’m walking up behind a teammate with a bat in his hand I’m making enough noise until he looks and sees me there.

It was posted half a dozen times in the game thread by various people, Roy not being the first.

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

It was posted half a dozen times in the game thread by various people, Roy not being the first.

That's really disappointing to know--glad I wasn't on the thread.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LA2 said:

That's really disappointing to know--glad I wasn't on the thread.

It's pretty disappointing in there unless the Orioles are up by 12, then it's only mildly disappointing.

Edited by Malike

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's pretty disappointing in there unless the Orioles are up by 12, then it's only mildly disappointing.

Hmmm.  Are you making a point?

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Hmmm.  Are you making a point?

Read up, you said lots of people thought what Roy said but didn't say it. They did in the game thread. Is that a good enough point for you?

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Read up, you said lots of people thought what Roy said but didn't say it. They did in the game thread. Is that a good enough point for you?

Not really.  You said it would only be mildly disappointing they said it if the Orioles were up by 12 runs.  I asked what your point was and still don’t know.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Not really.  You said it would only be mildly disappointing they said it if the Orioles were up by 12 runs.  I asked what your point was and still don’t know.

The point is that nobody is satisfied in the game thread, we have a 6 run lead and people are whining that we need more. You know exactly what I'm talking about, but you are just being obtuse because it's basically all you can do when you reply to a few different posters. Like you, it's getting old. You feel like you have to be contentious at every opportunity, it's dumb.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Winter said:

If Mateo hits the IL i wonder which of these so called top prospects they decide to bring up to take naps on the bench as Urias becomes the everyday 3B. 

The answer is none. It'll be Nick Maton.

I'm not a Jorge Mateo fan, but I hope he's ok. 

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

The point is that nobody is satisfied in the game thread, we have a 6 run lead and people are whining that we need more. You know exactly what I'm talking about, but you are just being obtuse because it's basically all you can do when you reply to a few different posters. Like you, it's getting old. You feel like you have to be contentious at every opportunity, it's dumb.

I find your last three posts confusing.  That’s all.  Goodnight.