Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

He is a lot better than he was this spring.  I would feel ok as a manager playing him everyday.

Wow, you're coming around!! There's hope for redemption for us all!

Not quite a barrel, but the fact that he was able to square up a 100 mph heater from one of the best closers in the game is promising. He whiffs that or weakly hits that to 3rd/shortstop earlier in the year.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Congrats to Jackson on his first 2 hit day and first 3 on base day.  Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game.  I hope his defense looked good too.  Jackson seems a lot more confident (which I think was 90% of his problem).  I'm assuming his swing looks better too. 

It was a tricky, but he should’ve come up with the sliding play in the hole that preceded the first melt down.

Jackson looks so much better at the plate now. Such a vast improvement compared to his initial call up. Looking for great things from him the rest of the year. Matter of fact, by the end of the year it wouldn't surprise me to see him batting lower in the lineup.

He looks stronger. I wonder if the Orioles told him screw your numbers but you need to get physically stronger. That could have been the reason he wasn’t playing the field and numbers were struggling a bit. It’s hard to play the regular season and work on strength training. It’s more of a maintain game at that point.

4 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

He looks stronger. I wonder if the Orioles told him screw your numbers but you need to get physically stronger. That could have been the reason he wasn’t playing the field and numbers were struggling a bit. It’s hard to play the regular season and work on strength training. It’s more of a maintain game at that point.

Your theory is they faked an arm injury so he could lift?

He lifted a ton in the offseason and posted about his gains.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Your theory is they faked an arm injury so he could lift?

He lifted a ton in the offseason and posted about his gains.

You can say faked to put some negative spin on it. He looks stronger from April to August. Jackson Holiday is not on the Orioles to win games in Norfolk. So while his elbow was barking he looked to do some serious training.

3 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

You can say faked to put some negative spin on it. He looks stronger from April to August. Jackson Holiday is not on the Orioles to win games in Norfolk. So while his elbow was barking he looked to do some serious training.

If the elbow is actually damaged wouldn't that make heavy lifting a bad idea?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If the elbow is actually damaged wouldn't that make heavy lifting a bad idea?

They did an MRI on it with no structural damage. Doesn’t stop you from working in your back, legs and other areas. Ben Macdonald stated on broadcast that orioles trainer thinks Holiday looks bigger.

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

I think his only 2 k's so far back have been balls 6 inches off the plate

The umps have been bad at times.  But both of those calls were Angel Hernandez-esque.  Those two were so bad that it almost makes me think conspiracy theory thoughts (almost).  Just terrible.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

He was big and strong in spring training/april as well. It was well documented how much he trains all year round. He's not a small/frail guy, just looks young so people get that impression.