Has anyone bought SuperBox to watch the O’s?

kidrock

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

You sure MASN is included on this?

My father in law pulled it up, had MASN and MASN2.  Was watching the spring training game today.  I was skeptical but it seemed like it worked.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That’s pretty cool, then. 

He is a tech guy.  Said he paid 350 one time up front for a box.  Would need a box for each TV.  Said he has no need for cable.  Had every college basketball game, every baseball game, every NHL game.  Not sure how it was legal or what.  Could literally watch ABC locally for each market.  Had like 40 local abc channels.

I'm fairly certain these are IPTV boxes, where a company sells you a box with an app "service" that steals satellite TV from places and pipes the channels to you.  Their website FAQs say "Watching movies, TV shows, and sports events won't violate U.S.& Canada Copyright law." But are also very careful to note that they only supply the box, any app you use is on you.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm fairly certain these are IPTV boxes, where a company sells you a box with an app "service" that steals satellite TV from places and pipes the channels to you.  Their website FAQs say "Watching movies, TV shows, and sports events won't violate U.S.& Canada Copyright law." But are also very careful to note that they only supply the box, any app you use is on you.

Had a roommate in Germany that had a satellite dish installed outside the window.  He'd pay to get the "hot box" to get all the channels.  Sometimes It'd last six months, sometimes six days.  You never knew.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Had a roommate in Germany that had a satellite dish installed outside the window.  He'd pay to get the "hot box" to get all the channels.  Sometimes It'd last six months, sometimes six days.  You never knew.

Back in 1980, pre-cable when you could get satellite channels by renting a descrambler box, I lived for a couple of weeks with a kid from Cal Tech who just built his own descrambler box from scratch.  Smart kid.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Back in 1980, pre-cable when you could get satellite channels by renting a descrambler box, I lived for a couple of weeks with a kid from Cal Tech who just built his own descrambler box from scratch.  Smart kid.  

Just out of college I had a roommate who was an electrical engineer.   We lived in Linthicum (just south of Baltimore, near the airport).   He was from Philly and a big Eagles fan.   So he got up on the roof and pointed the roof antenna in the direction of Philadelphia.  I don't remember the #s  for sure now but for example let's say that Channel 12 in Philly carried the Eagles game.   He set up pass band filters that would block out the signals of Baltimore channels 11 and 13, which would normally bleed over into channel 12 and make it impossible to get the farther (and thus much much weaker) Channel 12 signal from Philly.   And then he put some sort of amplifier on the line to amplify the Channel 12 signal.   It was fuzzy, but we were able to watch the Eagles game.   I don't think he told his employer that he borrowed some of the equipment from work but he returned it all when we were done using it.

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Brown chicken brown cow 

• Haha 1