2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Would like to see Gunnar and Adley actually do something significant tonight. 

Even if Povich doesn’t pitch well and we lose, I’d be not as upset if we scored a bunch of runs and kept it close. Tired of letting these scrubs with 6+ ERA’s off the hook.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Even if Povich doesn’t pitch well and we lose, I’d be not as upset if we scored a bunch of runs and kept it close. Tired of letting these scrubs with 6+ ERA’s off the hook.

I don't iknow that I'd call Bobby Miller a scrub.   He was 11-4 with a 3.76 ERA in 22 starts as a rookie last year.   He's missed the bulk of this season with a shoulder injury, tried to come back in June and struggled.

Hopefully for us this isn't the night where he returns to form, he had a pretty good start last time out.

36 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I don't iknow that I'd call Bobby Miller a scrub.   He was 11-4 with a 3.76 ERA in 22 starts as a rookie last year.   He's missed the bulk of this season with a shoulder injury, tried to come back in June and struggled.

Hopefully for us this isn't the night where he returns to form, he had a pretty good start last time out.

Another guy who's been a scrub all year but had a good start last time out.  That's like 1/2 the bad pitchers the O's have faced.

Was going to say this afternoon that I would try moving Gunnar back to the leadoff role, just to try to recapture a bit of that magic. 

I don’t think there’s a ton of correlation here, but he was at a .942 OPS as a leadoff hitter and only .742 as a #3 hitter. It’s possible that even if it actually means nothing, Gunnar may perceive it as sort of a reset and take a little extra confidence and clearmindedness to the plate. 

I think it’s worth a shot. The batting order position doesn’t matter much — unless the player himself happens to believe it matters a lot.

Today's lineup is peak 2024 Orioles... Eloy Jimenez batting cleanup and Emanuel Rivera batting 5th. No Rutschman again who should be a franchise everyday player. No Cowser in favor of Mullins which says they've soured on him vs LHP. At least Mayo is back.. all I got.