2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

7 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Mountcastle career # against Heaney:

HR 2 BA .500 OPS 2.238

Maybe he’s slightly banged up or has terrible diarrhea or a cold etc otherwise doesn’t make any sense for him to be on the bench for this one.

Has to be hurt. I know he played some yesterday but they wouldn’t play OHearn and not him if they didn’t have a good reason.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

From Roch's blog:

"Ryan Mountcastle is on the bench, where he also began last night’s game before pinch-hitting. An explanation will come later."

If he's banged up it might explain his poor numbers the last couple weeks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The following announcers are in the Orioles Hall of Fame: Chuck Thompson (announced O’s games fron 1955-56, 1962-87), Bill O’Donnell (1966-82), Joe Angel (1988-90, 1992, 2004-18) and Fred Manfra (1993-2017). All had longer tenures than either Jon Miller (1983-96) or Gary Thorne (2007-19).  Both Miller and Thorne’s tenure ended amidst contract disputes, while the above four all retired of their own volition.  Miller by now is far more associated with the San Francisco Giants, where he’s been for 27 years.  But of course, there are many plsyers in the Orioles Hall of Fame who had longer tenures elsewhere and are more associated with other teams.  From a quality standpoint, Miller is already in the Baseball Hall of Fame and it’s hard to dispute how great he was with the O’s.   Thorne is more subject to opinion, but I’d easily put him ahead of Manfra in terms of quality.  We don’t want too many announcers adding to the existing clutter in the OHOF, but I’m curious what people think.  I suspect that neither was ever going in while the Angelos family owned the team, given the circumstances of their departures, but today’s a different day.  What say you?    
    • Yeah, we only post negative stuff about Holliday  in this thread.  Put this crap in the minor league thread 
    • I said that was the date reality (everybody gets serious) begins.  All the players actually available won't be determined until the teams on the bubble decide whether or not they are going to invest in the rest of the season.  With the current Wild Card setup, that doesn't happen until the last minute.
    • You gave the arbitrary date of July 19th.
    • I don't have a Baseball America subscription, but you are able to read an in depth analysis on Coby Nayo's batting metrics here https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/coby-mayo-jackson-holliday-headline-10-statcast-standouts/ Interesting stuff.   He looks like a guy we should consider holding onto. 
    • It's not the next 18 days, it's the next 30 days less the AS break, roughly 15% of the season.  My point is that a lot will change in the last two weeks before the trade deadline.  It's a little early to call a radical seller's market where Tanner Scott is the clear front-runner.
  • Popular Contributors