2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

12 minutes ago, Natty said:

Cowser is leading the team in Batting avg, slugging, and ops.

And while he is hitting both well, his average is still 78 points higher vs RH than LH.

And he's 3 for his last 18.     Santander has a 1.017 OPS his last 7 games.

1 hour ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

Why is Tony still batting 4th? 

Move Westy to #3 and Mounty to #4; or vice versa but good grief Hyde... come on.... Tony should be down at the 7/8 slot.

Going with the hot hitter?   Santander 1.017 OPS last 7 games.   And hitting LH much better than RH this year (and a little better over the entire course of his career).

2 hours ago, Natty said:

Cowser is leading the team in Batting avg, slugging, and ops.

Does that equate to him being a better hitter than Gunnar Henderson? 

Let me ask it like this: Do you think Cowser will be ahead of Henderson in all of those categories by the All-Star break (let alone season’s end)?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not.  Who would you sit for him?

This was always why calling up Kjerstad was a bit weird. I'm glad they did because he deserves it, but he's kind of just a pinch-hitter on days when they aren't resting Santander. Which is fine for now. But we shouldn't expect him to start many games. 

Edited by interloper

1 minute ago, interloper said:

This was always why calling up Kjerstad was a bit weird. I'm glad they did because he deserves it, but he's kind of just a pinch-hitter on days when they aren't resting Santander. Which is fine for now. But we shouldn't expect him to start many games. 

I don't think he was called up to be a piece of this team.

He was called up to fill in while a piece of this team was on the IL.

• Upvote 1

Mayo v. Holliday might be an interesting debate now for next one back.

3B Urias, 2B Westburg will probably be it - aside from tonight the first 24 games Urias' defensive starts have been exclusively 3B.   

Some of the precise timing also is I think to get Urias or Mateo some extra PA before Yankees, with one of them being set as a starter for that key series.

Just now, Just Regular said:

3B Urias, 2B Westburg will probably be it - aside from tonight the first 24 games Urias' defensive starts have been exclusively 3B.   

Some of the precise timing also is I think to get Urias or Mateo some extra PA before Yankees, with one of them being set as a starter for that key series.

Mayo can't be the next one back.

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Mayo has a 30% K rate