Adley DH

Mounty 1b

Tony RF

Westy 3B

Mullins CF

McCann C

Cowser LF

Mateo 2B

It’s good to have Mountcastle back in the lineup today. 

McCann has been getting a lot of run lately. Good thing is he’s been hitting pretty good thus far.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Rubber game.  Hyde and Elias want to win.  Mateo at 2B against a LHP.   Interesting but not surprising.

I don't think Holliday has started a game against a LHP since coming up, but I could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I don't think Holliday has started a game against a LHP since coming up, but I could be wrong. 

If so, I think that’s more a product of his difficult start rather than how they hoped to use him.  They never intended to platoon him but he’s been so bad they are trying to get him started by sitting him against LHP.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If so, I think that’s more a product of his difficult start rather than how they hoped to use him.  They never intended to platoon him but he’s been so bad they are trying to get him started by sitting him against LHP.

Yep, agree. It's fine for now IMO. Mateo has been pretty solid in a platoon role. Holliday needs to be put in a position to succeed above anything else at this point. 

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Wondering if we should give Adley an actual day off? Maybe Urias at 3B and Westburg to DH against the next lefty we face?

He has been killing it batting RH. And the bats we need to get in the lineup are LH. Would make more sense for his off day to be vs RHP.