2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

14 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

Not sure why Heston is on the team.  Seems like it’s not the optimal use of a roster spot.

I agree. If we are not going to play him then we should probably send him back. I know that he’s not very good in the OF. But is he any worse than O’Hearn?

• Upvote 1

Right now Kjerstad is a very highly pedigreed Jim Dwyer for the bottom of lineup guys if Hyde needs a blast late.

This hour he can know fair chance his day might come down to "go hit Mason Miller, son" around 330.

The veterans have been chosen on a rolling 5-day basis to defend the AL East championship.    Keep practicing those skills, kids.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree. If we are not going to play him then we should probably send him back. I know that he’s not very good in the OF. But is he any worse than O’Hearn?

Maybe not but right now whose bat would you rather have in the lineup?

7 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

If the answer isn’t Heston then they need to get rid of him.

He’s going down soon.  As far as getting rid of him, do you mean something more?

Just now, RZNJ said:

Maybe not but right now whose bat would you rather have in the lineup?

O’Hearn. But he could have DH’d or played 1B. 

I acknowledge that we have a very crowded roster. But Kjerstad is kind of the age where he is in his prime. At some point we gotta figure out what to do with these guys. We’ve already wasted any value from a player like Stowers. I have to hope that there is a better plan than hedging for as long as possible.

But hey in a general sense if things aren’t broken….

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If they want to give Santander a DH rest day who would you rather see in RF?

This is why Kjerstad doesn't really make sense for this roster until next year or unless there's an injury to O'Hearn, Santander, Cowser, or Mullins. I'm not really going to be upset if he's sent down because he doesn't add anything right now. I'd rather play all 4 of the guys I just listed. It is what it is. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

O’Hearn. But he could have DH’d or played 1B. 

I acknowledge that we have a very crowded roster. But Kjerstad is kind of the age where he is in his prime. At some point we gotta figure out what to do with these guys. We’ve already wasted any value from a player like Stowers. I have to hope that there is a better plan than hedging for as long as possible.

But hey in a general sense if things aren’t broken….

What do you mean by wasted any value from a player like Stowers?    I could go over every ML teams AAA roster and find someone similar in AAA.

Kjerstad broke out last year.   He deserves a chance but there’s no room right now.   Oh well.    Pretty sure he’s going to be first in line for Santander’s job next April.  Until then, break some AAA records.   He had a leg up on Cowser before ST started and had a bad spring.   That’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Edited by RZNJ

You bring him up, find a way to play him. Give one day off a week to Santander, Mullins, Cowser, O'hearn and Mountcastle. If they are not planning to keep Santander after this year, you gotta see what you got in guys like Heston and Stowers. It bugs me more seeing both Urias and Mateo starting. They should have brought up Mayo or Norby instead of McKenna and gave them some action.

• Upvote 1