2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

5 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

Whenever I hear Mateo and Urias I want to barf.

Its funny how B-Ref on the 2023 Orioles considers them both starters, and Gunnar the 10th man.    I believe the programming just places whoever led the Club in starts at any given position on those lines.

30 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

If Heston plays today and hits 2 HRs they might have a difficult choice to make when Hays hits .250 for 5 games at AAA and says he's healthy.

Hyde has already shown that he is going with the veteran over the rookie.  Hays would have to hit something like .100 for close to 2 months to lose his spot on the team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hyde has already shown that he is going with the veteran over the rookie.  Hays would have to hit something like .100 for close to 2 months to lose his spot on the team.

Cowser the veteran over Hays the rookie?  Got it.    

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

He’s going down soon.  As far as getting rid of him, do you mean something more?

I guess I mean if they don’t feel more comfortable playing him in RF than O’Hearn then there is an issue. I know it is more than just defense considered, but still.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hays lost playing time but not his spot on the team.

Likely because there aren't 26 players better than him on the 40-man roster right now. Yes, he's off to a terrible start, but the point still stands.

You said “Hyde has already shown he’s going with the veteran over the rookie”.     Obviously, not always.  Hays is making 6M and has been a key part of this team.  Of course they prefer him in a reserve role to some rookie.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

What do you mean by wasted any value from a player like Stowers?    I could go over every ML teams AAA roster and find someone similar in AAA.

Kjerstad broke out last year.   He deserves a chance but there’s no room right now.   Oh well.    Pretty sure he’s going to be first in line for Santander’s job next April.  Until then, break some AAA records.   He had a leg up on Cowser before ST started and had a bad spring.   That’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I mean Stowers could have been traded if we had no plans to play him. He has lost his prospect stays now due to his age.

It’s not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things because the org has an abundance of young talent. But it definitely sucks for him. Those guys only have so many years to maximize earning potential.

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Stupid Sunday

IMG_7976.jpeg

This appears to be the “surrender“ lineup. I think it was Earl Weaver who said that the secret of managing was to put players in their best position for success(?) and O’Hearn in RF is not that.

There’s no reason to sit Westburg, either.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

This appears to be the “surrender“ lineup. I think it was Earl Weaver who said that the secret of managing was to put players in their best position for success(?) and O’Hearn in RF is not that.

There’s no reason to sit Westburg, either.

Why didn't Hyde put Santander in RF and O'Hearn as DH? Why does Hyde like to rest so many on Sunday?  We are facing a pitcher with a 2.03 ERA, that we needs the bats!!

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Why didn't Hyde put Santander in RF and O'Hearn as DH? Why does Hyde like to rest so many on Sunday?  We are facing a pitcher with a 2.03 ERA, that we needs the bats!!

They are facing a guy with an ERA of 0.00!

• Haha 1