2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Wondering if we should give Adley an actual day off? Maybe Urias at 3B and Westburg to DH against the next lefty we face?

It would probably be better to give Adley a day off when we are facing a righty considering how many LHH that we have. Anyway, Adley is on a roll right now, so I'm not sure you want to take his hot bat out of the lineup.

45 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Henderson SS

Adley DH

Mounty 1b

Tony RF

Westy 3B

Mullins CF

McCann C

Cowser LF

Mateo 2B

Why is Tony still batting 4th? 

Move Westy to #3 and Mounty to #4; or vice versa but good grief Hyde... come on.... Tony should be down at the 7/8 slot.

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Henderson SS

Adley DH

Mounty 1b

Tony RF

Westy 3B

Mullins CF

McCann C

Cowser LF

Mateo 2B

Do other teams bat their best hitter 8th?

I think you are confusing the hottest with the best. There is an important distinction there.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Natty said:

Henderson SS

Adley DH

Mounty 1b

Tony RF

Westy 3B

Mullins CF

McCann C

Cowser LF

Mateo 2B

Do other teams bat their best hitter 8th?

You think Cowser is a better hitter than Rutschman or Henderson? I understand that he has been hot to start the season, but his numbers aren't all that different from Gunnar's and Gunnar hasn't even had a "white hot" period as of yet.

11 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think you are confusing the hottest with the best. There is an important distinction there.

Is 5-25 with 2 homers the hottest player we have?  😃

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Malike said:

I wonder if Kjerstad will be back in Norfolk when the team returns to Baltimore.

For who?  Hays' IL stint has another week+ left on it.  Its been two games and he started one.  He's not going to start every game, nor should he.

Every few days I check this thread before a game, and without fail I am instantly reminded why I don't check it every game.  Somebody somewhere is just always going to bitch about who's playing, who's not, and who's hitting where.  It would be comical if it wasn't so damn annoying.  I mean, I get its a discussion board for opinions and all that (as someone like clockwork will inevitably point out), but its like people are just searching for anything - any small thing - to moan about.  That doesn't lead to intelligent conversation or discussion.

Given the talent on the roster, the order of the players -  and to some degree even which players are playing - hardly matters.  We're running out a stacked and competitive lineup every night at this point; its always interesting to see what iteration of it we're getting from game to game, but it doesn't matter one bit if its Santa batting fourth or eighth, or whether Westburg leads off or bats fifth, or whatever.  There are good players up and down the lineup no matter what now.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

You think Cowser is a better hitter than Rutschman or Henderson? I understand that he has been hot to start the season, but his numbers aren't all that different from Gunnar's and Gunnar hasn't even had a "white hot" period as of yet.

Cowser is leading the team in Batting avg, slugging, and ops.