2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

15 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I think Means has good defensive support behind him.

Today game is a battle of lefties on the mound.

Means is a bigtime flyball pitcher pitching in a bandbox, I hope they can defend against the HR.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I see the name Abbott and a lefty and automatically think of

featured_04-abbott-jim-ken-levine-getty.

Nice reference.

I was in school at GT when Michigan came to town for a series in the mid 80's, and me and my friends went to the game that Abbott started after hearing that he played with one arm. I was very impressed with him and rooted for him to go to MLB after college.

Edited by FlaO'sFan
  • Upvote 1

Without looking up any stats and just going off the top of my head/eye test, I currently have more confidence in Mateo batting vs a lefty than I do Mullins. And it seems like Hyde agrees, based on this line-up. 

Hopefully McCann can bounce back from a rough day on Thursday and maybe McKenna can stay hot.

At least Santander and Mullins aren't hitting back to back.  How is Santander moving up in the order?  Is this like batting Chris Davis leadoff?  I'm sure Santander will eventually bust out but give the man a day off.

Just now, FlaO'sFan said:

Nice reference.

I was in school at GT when Michigan came to town for a series in the mid 80's, and me and my friends went to the game that Abbott started after hearing that he played with one arm. I was very impressed with him and rooted for him to go to MLB after college.

Easy guy to root for. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

At least Santander and Mullins aren't hitting back to back.  How is Santander moving up in the order?  Is this like batting Chris Davis leadoff?  I'm sure Santander will eventually bust out but give the man a day off.

Santander has done very well this season vs. LHP in 43 plate appearances: .294 / .419 / .559 / .977, incl. 2 HRs, 5 doubles, 9 RBIs. His slump has been almost completely vs. RHP.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Sitting Cowser 2 games in a row is interesting. I assume it's because of the huge difference between his 1.043 OPS vs RHP and .673 vs LHP.

Edited by LA2

25 minutes ago, The B&G said:

Without looking up any stats and just going off the top of my head/eye test, I currently have more confidence in Mateo batting vs a lefty than I do Mullins. And it seems like Hyde agrees, based on this line-up. 

Hopefully McCann can bounce back from a rough day on Thursday and maybe McKenna can stay hot.

McKenna's starting for his defense with a flyball pitcher on the mound and because Cowser has not been hitting LHP (McKenna almost equally weak whether batting vs RHP or LHP).

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Feel like he was ineffective at that time, aside from the no-hitter. 

He wasn't great, but I still couldn't root for him. F that uniform.