2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

59 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Sitting Cowser 2 games in a row is interesting. I assume it's because of the huge difference between his 1.043 OPS vs RHP and .673 vs LHP.

I noticed him looking at his hand after a swing the other day....almost like it hurt. Maybe he did hurt his hand and with a lefty could use a couple days.

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I saw that folks were talking about Mountcastle's knee last night.  What was that about?

He was favoring it after he stole 2nd base and had to dodge a clumsy looking throw and tage by the reds. The entire play was a bit unnatural. Swing and miss while Mountcastle runs, then a bad throw, Mountcastle takes a clumsy slide that gets his foot caught in the dirt followed by a wild looking throw.

I don't know if that aggravated the knee he was dealing with the game he sat out for. I haven't heard anything official.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I saw that folks were talking about Mountcastle's knee last night.  What was that about?

During a slide into 2B he did something. He was flexing his left knee repeatedly and didn't look comfortable. Didn't take 3rd on a ball he probably could have and was sort of trying to work the kinks out of the knee by bending it over and over. He stayed in the game, so that's a good sign.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gamiliel said:

I noticed him looking at his hand after a swing the other day....almost like it hurt. Maybe he did hurt his hand and with a lefty could use a couple days.

Yes! I saw that too, sort of like he strained a muscle in his right forearm or wrist, and was concerned, but I haven't heard anything about it.

Yeah, not my favorite lineup as Santander is too high based on his performance at this time. don't like McKenna starting, especially at the same time as Urias in also in the lineup.  Just too many holes in this lineup that way, not that Mullins has been tearing it up, but I trust him more than McKenna for sure, even with a lefty out there.   But like last time when I said such a thing, watch us score 8-9 runs.  🙂