2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

This would make sense if he was talking about cutting him.  

But he was talking about giving him a day off because he had been poopy lately. 

He's always poopy, until he isn't. He has a track record and he's not 36 years old. We know who he is early on.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This would make sense if he was talking about cutting him.  

But he was talking about giving him a day off because he had been poopy lately. 

Didn't he get a day off very recently already? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

A .900+ OPS against lefties this season does.

Cowser had a 950ish OPS this season but got back to back days off.  When you are struggling for a long period of time, a day off isn’t a bad thing.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

He's always poopy, until he isn't. He has a track record and he's not 36 years old. We know who he is early on.

Sure but that doesn’t mean calling for him to get a day off in a bad stretch is some kind of a travesty.  

Cowser had a 950ish OPS this season but got back to back days off.  When you are struggling for a long period of time, a day off isn’t a bad thing.

A day off for Santander would make much more sense against a right hander.  Then Kjerstad can get some playing time. 

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Would you like to revisit your position?

Not really.  He was due to bust out, but Hyde shouldn't ride players who are in slumps and play them for weeks at a time and never drop them in the lineup.  I wasn't talking about trading him or making him a sub, just saying he needed a couple of days off and maybe his slump would have ended a week ago. 

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

A day off for Santander would make much more sense against a right hander.  Then Kjerstad can get some playing time. 

Kjerstad has been great vs lefties in the minors.  

Sure but that doesn’t mean calling for him to get a day off in a bad stretch is some kind of a travesty.  

He didn't play Wed. We all know he can carry the team when he heats up, they've won 16 out of 20 games without him hitting, and he clearly wasn't hurting the team, you need to give him the opportunities to do what he did today. 

Just now, Malike said:

He didn't play Wed. We all know he can carry the team when he heats up, they've won 16 out of 20 games without him hitting, and he clearly wasn't hurting the team, you need to give him the opportunities to do what he did today. 

Pfft.

Stat padder.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Not really.  He was due to bust out, but Hyde shouldn't ride players who are in slumps and play them for weeks at a time and never drop them in the lineup.  I wasn't talking about trading him or making him a sub, just saying he needed a couple of days off and maybe his slump would have ended a week ago. 

Managers are more patient with their players than fans are.  Always.  And Santander didn’t start on Wednesday.

Edited by Frobby

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Kjerstad has been great vs lefties in the minors.  

Not saying he hasn't but Santander has been very good against them in the majors.  Honestly knowing Kjerstad hits lefties well I'm a bit surprised Cowser didn't sit in favor of Kjerstad, but Cowser looked good today for a change.  

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Sure..and Kjerstad deserves chances too. 

We can play this game all day long.  End of the day, Frobby bumping what was said was a little over the top.  Zero thing wrong with what was said and nothing he said was incorrect. 

We can play this game all day long.  End of the day, Frobby bumping what was said was a little over the top.  Zero thing wrong with what was said and nothing he said was incorrect. 

Kjerstad would have played if Lodolo wasn't pitching. That wouldn't have been a fair fight.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Kjerstad was starting to hit when given a chance.  It's obvious that barring injuries or a monumental collapse of production (like month+ slump), Santander won't be losing his starting spot.  Would be nice to see more of what the O's have in Kjerstad.