2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Have you watched any games recently?  Santander has been slumping severely and couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.  I don't care what the season stats say.  He's swinging at pitches that are a foot out of the strike zone.

This aged well. I guess he could hit water if he fell out of a boat (I fixed that for you—if you’re going to use a cliche, at least know what it is).

But yes, I watch almost every game. I watch Norfolk too. I guess I’m just not going to freak out over small sample sizes when a guy has a track record.

6 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

This aged well. I guess he could hit water if he fell out of a boat (I fixed that for you—if you’re going to use a cliche, at least know what it is).

But yes, I watch almost every game. I watch Norfolk too. I guess I’m just not going to freak out over small sample sizes when a guy has a track record.

Well I'm glad he finally got going again.  It easy to overreact to guy's slumps.  Hopefully he'll be back to himself now with some occasional days off for Kjerstad to get some at bats. 

9 minutes ago, DenPA2002 said:
  1. G Henderson (L) SS
  2. A Rutschman (S) C
  3. R O'Hearn (L) DH
  4. R Mountcastle (R) 1B
  5. A Santander (S) RF
  6. C Cowser (L) LF
  7. J Westburg (R) 2B
  8. C Mullins (L) CF
  9. R Urías (R) 3B

You're doing alright when your 7-8-9 includes Westburg and Mullins.  Urias trying to get going to, he's due for at least a small streak.  I doubt there are many better 7-8-9 in any lineup in baseball.  Maybe the Braves?  There's usually includes Michael Harris I know.  The bottom of the Dodgers order really isn't all that great.

7 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

You're doing alright when your 7-8-9 includes Westburg and Mullins.  Urias trying to get going to, he's due for at least a small streak.  I doubt there are many better 7-8-9 in any lineup in baseball.  Maybe the Braves?  There's usually includes Michael Harris I know.  The bottom of the Dodgers order really isn't all that great.

8 and 9 don't excite me. Mullins is in a funk.

I'd be excited about Westy, Kjerstad, Holiday.

The 7-8-9 combined tonight isn't that good but maybe everyone else's is bad too.

7 minutes ago, DenPA2002 said:

The 7-8-9 combined tonight isn't that good but maybe everyone else's is bad too.

So Holliday's .050 average (or whatever it is) would excite you?  If you're talking about RIGHT NOW (as you seem to be in re Mullins' 'funk') I don't know that would be the case.  Where exactly would Kjerstad be playing if replacing one of these three players?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DenPA2002 said:

Even in a funk, Mullins is at 93 OPS+.  He could be over 100 quickly with a couple of hot days.   Anyway, a team that bats a 93 OPS+ guy 8th is doing extremely well.  Have you been looking at the lineups of the teams we face?   Here’s the bottom 4 for the Nats tonight:

Meneses 59 OPS+

Ruiz 23

Rosario 14

Lipscomb 79

On 5/5/2024 at 7:49 PM, Sydnor said:

Haha--Santander does not fall out of a boat to hit water: he scoops a low wave and whirls it into a typhoon clearing all the islands out to the horizon

Anyone looking at that lineup and complaining about it clearly has never watched any other baseball game besides ones involving the Orioles.  There are really bad lineups out there, and even more bad bottom half or bottom third lineups.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Anyone looking at that lineup and complaining about it clearly has never watched any other baseball game besides ones involving the Orioles.  There are really bad lineups out there, and even more bad bottom half or bottom third lineups.

I’m convinced that some have never seen any baseball game.  Period.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

The Orioles team OPS is 28 points higher than the next closest team in the American League the Astros. The steroid era is over every hitter in your lineup isn't going to have an OPS over .700 OPS.

Just now, RZNJ said:

I’m convinced that some have never seen any baseball game.  Period.

Maybe they just watch the all star game each year and base their lineup and performance expectations on that?  I dunno.

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Maybe they just watch the all star game each year and base their lineup and performance expectations on that?  I dunno.

I’m convinced other people were beaten to this screen name.

dys·to·pi·a

noun

an imagined state or society in which there is great suffering or injustice, typically one that is totalitarian or post-apocalyptic.

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Even in a funk, Mullins is at 93 OPS+.  He could be over 100 quickly with a couple of hot days.   Anyway, a team that bats a 93 OPS+ guy 8th is doing extremely well.  Have you been looking at the lineups of the teams we face?   Here’s the bottom 4 for the Nats tonight:

Meneses 59 OPS+

Ruiz 23

Rosario 14

Lipscomb 79

Lipscomb is my sister's neighbor. Great kid, has my nephew convinced that he can make the bigs!!!!