NC State's run may not go as far as '83, but it's been a stunning run

I don't follow college hoops as closely as lot of people in the Research Triangle Area of NC considering that Duke, NCSU, and UNC are all in close proximity, but man, it's hard to ignore the 8 straight wins, all do or die, that the Wolfpack have pulled off thus far. Having to pull a sweep in the ACC Tournament to even get an invitation was a tall order, but unbelievably that's what they did, ie. beat UVA, Duke in UNC in order. 

In '83, with a smaller field both in the ACC and NCAA field, they had to win 8 in a row in postseason. But this year, it's an even taller order with 11 wins to complete the job. 8 down, three to go. 

Whether they get any further or not, it's been a magic spring for this bunch. I was a junior at State when Jimmy V led them to the brass in '83.

The term Cardiac Pack carries more wallop now at age 62 than it did at 21!

After an under .500 ACC season they're going to the Final Four on a nine game postseason win streak. Including going 3-0 against their top two rivals, after 0-3 against them in the regular season. Never seen anything like it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 7:49 PM, NashLumber said:

This tower looks great with the red lights after a win. Go Wolfpack! 

To have State and the O's with such hope reminds so much of '83. Magic years for both teams. I was a junior there that year. 

Hi Nash-Grew up in PG county playing against Thurl, Whittenburg and Lowe in high school-really special to see them win a championship.  Got to know Tommy Burleson who sold his Christmas Trees in Cary-fun times, always a soft spot in my heart for Jimmy V and State.

• Like 1