Grayson Rodriguez 2024

Spy Fox

15 minutes ago, EERinthe804 said:

What's the latest on G-Rod?  I was hoping that they would be stretching him out by now but that doesn't seem to be the case.  At the very least I hope that he can help in high leverage situations in the bullpen during the playoffs.  

As of last week throwing only BP sessions. Elias said time was not on his side, said it was easier to get him built up to BP strength  but would be harder for a starter to transition to BP ? Unless thers a deep playoff run, next year seems likely.

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

As of last week throwing only BP sessions. Elias said time was not on his side, said it was easier to get him built up to BP strength  but would be harder for a starter to transition to BP ? Unless thers a deep playoff run, next year seems likely.

Could he be deployed as an opener with Akin? Both Suarez and Kremer have been a shaky. The way this season has gone, Hyde should feel free to think outside the box and explore all options. Opener could be especially interesting in the postseason. With all the off days, the opponent really would have no idea who is coming in when. 

It would be pretty surprising if his first game action was ALWC, so I think we'll get a bright line this weekend if he makes a relief appearance in Minnesota or not.

He's not entirely dissimilar from Jackson Jobe as a wildcard at this point.     The clubs know all the pitch data, and have been partnering with the player their entire pro careers to inform whether or not the play is a good move.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Could he be deployed as an opener with Akin? Both Suarez and Kremer have been a shaky. The way this season has gone, Hyde should feel free to think outside the box and explore all options. Opener could be especially interesting in the postseason. With all the off days, the opponent really would have no idea who is coming in when. 

If they played baseball another month maybe. Elias has been pretty much no comment on anything other than time is not on his. His last Lat issues had him control problems ( I Believe ) when he first came back. I'm just happy to have the others back.

36 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Shut him down. He's too valuable to next years team for him to get injured trying to rush back for this deeply flawed team. 

Why would you shut him down?

They are going to keep working the program with him and if he gets healthy and things are good, he will pitch out of the pen in the playoffs at some point. I would say it’s unlikely he’s back for the wild card round.

Obviously this has become a bigger deal than they thought.

Parsing each day, I guess it is possible there are facilities at OPACY it is useful for him to have access to the next few days, but we'll see in Minnesota.

The other dimension to it is that if he is on week 6 of an 8-week injury, you have to stay engaged.    Rosters can get refined between series, and certainly you'd think some of the top pitchers will be heavily strained if several rounds are survived.