Dean Kremer 2024

2 hours ago, Chromehill said:

One of the goals of the rehab assignment is to build the pitcher back up.  Getting yanked after 39 pitches is a far cry from 80 pitches you would like to see before inserting him back in the rotation.  

Throwing 39 pitches in a single inning... especially for a guy coming off an injury... seems excessive to me. 

• Upvote 1

I guess in AAA they don't let you do like in spring training and depart after 25 pitches but then return in the 2nd inning to continue what you were working on.

Too bad for Deano tonight.    If he'd been able to stack a few good innings behind the meltdown he would be in a little bit better position to maybe be back, but it seems like after this a stronger performance is necessary.

And I guess an alarm that he can't get AAA batters out at all begins.    It is hard to know what's real when AAA bats ambush a big leaguer working back from a muscle strain.

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

Another rough rehab start for Kremer. 2 home runs, 4 ER so far through 4 IP. 

Velo is 92-94, curve looks good. 

Eh? I dunno. Hopefully just kinda going through the motions. 

He's probably just throwing all his pitches no matter how they are that day just to get a feel for them in a game environment.  In a game up here, he might just pick his fastball and one off speed pitch to get by to compete.    

Not that it means too much, but it’s not that surprising to see him struggle in the minors considering how hard he’s been hit in the majors this year (his xwOBACON is 143rd out of 145 pitchers that have 200 or more plate appearances this year). Last year he was 16th worst in that stat out of 100 qualifiers. Kremer is fine as a 4/5 but he’s just not that good, and certainly isn’t good enough to be a number 3 on a team with World Series aspirations.