Colton Cowser 2024

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Pinch runner in extra innings.  Signot’s cpu says O’Hearn in RF some. Kemp at 2B some. Kemp as a pinch runner threat in the 10ish extra inning games we play. 

With his 23rd percentile splint speed?

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Mentally weak?  Why are you making this some emotional thing?

To suggest a hitter would decide not to swing, before a pitch is thrown and already has two strikes, suggests a player who’s scared.   You are the one who suggested he decided not to swing before the pitch.  That’s a crazy take in my book.   You sticking with that?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Couldn’t make contact on the lefty in the ninth but he did make him work a little bit and while he looked awful on the first pitch, he hung in there for the at bat.

I think he was guessing on the called 3rd strike and froze on that pitch.

Got the base hit earlier. He needs to play vs more lefties so that he can see more and more of them. 

I wasn’t too crazy about that at bat, but you are right that the only way he can get better is by having opportunities.  Hopefully they can balance giving him those opportunities with winning games.  

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

To suggest a hitter would decide not to swing, before a pitch is thrown and already has two strikes, suggests a player who’s scared.   You are the one who suggested he decided not to swing before the pitch.  That’s a crazy take in my book.   You sticking with that?

Hahahahahahahaha. Scared!  Mentally weak!  Crazy!  Sticking!

Calm your female language down, son.  ;)

Dude swung at two terrible strike ones.  You can project your freudian reasons upon it all you want; I'm not doing that.

I'm stating facts: He swung at two terrible strike ones.

These are bad hitting decisions. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Dude swung at two terrible strike ones.  You can project your freudian reasons upon it all you want; I'm not doing that.

No ones arguing against the fact that swung at a terrible pitch for strike one or swing through a fastball for strike two or get caught looking at a breaking pitch for strike three.

You are the only one who thinks he decided not to swing before the last pitch was thrown.  I’m giving you another chance to take back that ridiculous take but you haven’t done it yet.

7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Female language?

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

No ones arguing against the fact that swung at a terrible pitch for strike one or swing through a fastball for strike two or get caught looking at a breaking pitch for strike three.

You are the only one who thinks he decided not to swing before the last pitch was thrown.  I’m giving you another chance to take back that ridiculous take but you haven’t done it yet.

You can keep using hyperbolic words and emotional appeals, but I'm going to keep you to the point:

He's made some very questionable swing decisions in his at bats the last two nights.

It's not ridiculous to say that.  It's not crazy to say that. 

This is the OH, I thought.  Where a 2 RBI double if it's down on a bad swing and a bad count should be recognized as such.  And an AB in the 9th where you get outclassed should be called as such.

I didn't know we had to get emotionally invested like cheerleaders. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Female language?

Yes, the shrill detached emotional appeals.

Me: He made a bad decision there.

Them: Are you saying he was scared??!?!?!  Mentally weak!?!?!  That's crazy!!!!!!

This is not rational discourse.

• Downvote 1

You can keep using hyperbolic words and emotional appeals, but I'm going to keep you to the point:

He's made some very questionable swing decisions in his at bats the last two nights.

It's not ridiculous to say that.  It's not crazy to say that. 

This is the OH, I thought.  Where a 2 RBI double if it's down on a bad swing and a bad count should be recognized as such.  And an AB in the 9th where you get outclassed should be called as such.

I didn't know we had to get emotionally invested like cheerleaders. 

You keep trying to confuse the point.  We are discussing one thing here right now.  Do you believe, with the bases loaded and a 2-2 count, that Cowser decided not to swing before the pitch was thrown?   You seem to be confirming that you actually believe that.  Correct?

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

I think he committed to not swinging *at a curve.  He saw it well previous two.  I think he saw the curve out of the hand and committed to not swinging.  He threw 4 curves in the AB, strike 3 was the only one in the zone and it was right on the edge. 

This is probably a better summation of the decision than mine.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

You keep trying to confuse the point.  We are discussing one thing here right now.  Do you believe, with the bases loaded and a 2-2 count, that Cowser decided not to swing before the pitch was thrown?   You seem to be confirming that you actually believe that.  Correct?

Why do I have to predict his intentions to criticize them?

He watched strike three go down the fing middle of the plate after swinging at ball one six feet outside and in the dirt.

Why do I have to be able to prove EXACTLY what he was thinking to criticize those decisions? 

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Why do I have to predict his intentions to criticize them?

He watched strike three go down the fing middle of the plate after swinging at ball one six feet outside and in the dirt.

Why do I have to be able to prove EXACTLY what he was thinking to criticize those decisions? 

You don’t have to prove anything.  Your original OPINION was that Cowser decided not to swing before the pitch.  Is that still your opinion?

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You don’t have to prove anything.  Your original OPINION was that Cowser decided not to swing before the pitch.  Is that still your opinion?

Why is my hypothesis about his decision making more interesting to you than his actual decision making?

Edit: To be clear, I think he predetermined to take a breaking ball if he saw one because he was tired of whiffing at them.

Edited by Pickles

Why is my hypothesis about his decision making more interesting to you than his actual decision making?

Because I think it’s crazy to suggest a ML hitter with the bases loaded and a 2-2 count would actually decide not to swing at a pitch before it was thrown.   I find your hypothesis very interesting.  I just can’t believe you suggested it and haven’t disavowed it yet.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Because I think it’s crazy to suggest a ML hitter with the bases loaded and a 2-2 count would actually decide not to swing at a pitch before it was thrown.   I find your hypothesis very interesting.  I just can’t believe you suggested it and haven’t disavowed it yet.

Why?  I wasn't the only one.

I think he was not going to swing at a breaking ball there.  Emmet felt the same way.  SportsGuy did too in his own way.  Thinking he was guessing is a similar statement.

I don't know why you keep expecting me to disavow the very sensible things I keep saying in this thread.