Colton Cowser 2024

Some future EBJ 5-star catches he is going to make look like ordinary running catches because in 3.4 seconds he can cover 100 feet when average MLB outfielders can probably do 85-90.

I think I remember there being a young Mullins anecdote that he didn't like diving very much.      The faster you go, the tougher the crash if you have to sacrifice body control.

30 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Some future EBJ 5-star catches he is going to make look like ordinary running catches because in 3.4 seconds he can cover 100 feet when average MLB outfielders can probably do 85-90.

I think I remember there being a young Mullins anecdote that he didn't like diving very much.      The faster you go, the tougher the crash if you have to sacrifice body control.

Looking at the chart Statcast uses, it would be hyper-elite to cover 100 feet in 4.7 seconds.   Remember, these guys are more or less standing still when the ball is hit, and their reaction time isn’t instantaneous. Even a guy who tops out at 30 feet/second isn’t at that speed immediately.  

Per Statcast, last year the fastest average jump (ground covered in the first 3 seconds) was 37.8 feet.  (Only balls that would be two-star or better catches if the play was made are included in this calculation.). So when you’re covering 100 feet, the majority of that is after 3 seconds already have passed.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

But it’s more than semantics I think. 

It’s being over the top. I think under the drama, you are saying things that are correct and like I said, had you just said results were better than the process, I don’t think anyone is really jumping on you.

But you went too far with it, so that’s the reaction you get.

Basically, you are Angel Reese crying at the podium after telling everyone to F off. 😁😂🤣

Yes, but does Pickles have fake eyelashes and one leg cut off on his pants.  Inquiring minds want to know.

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yes, but does Pickles have fake eyelashes and one leg cut off on his pants.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, my avatar has caused great offense around here at times.

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well, my avatar has caused great offense around here at times.

It has been established that people look exactly like their avatar.  For example, I look like a capital O.  I thought people would be more senstivie knowing that you are going thru life looking like that. 

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It has been established that people look exactly like their avatar.  For example, I look like a capital O.  I thought people would be more senstivie knowing that you are going thru life looking like that. 

Is that why everyone here keeps calling me a giant dick?

Couldn’t make contact on the lefty in the ninth but he did make him work a little bit and while he looked awful on the first pitch, he hung in there for the at bat.

I think he was guessing on the called 3rd strike and froze on that pitch.

Got the base hit earlier. He needs to play vs more lefties so that he can see more and more of them. 

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Couldn’t make contact on the lefty in the ninth but he did make him work a little bit and while he looked awful on the first pitch, he hung in there for the at bat.

I think he was guessing on the called 3rd strike and froze on that pitch.

Got the base hit earlier. He needs to play vs more lefties so that he can see more and more of them. 

This is where I point out he had two ABs and swung at two first pitches, which were both breaking balls, low and away, and well outside the strike zone, the second bouncing in the dirt.

Those are the kind of bad decisions I am talking about.

Edited by Pickles