Brandon Hyde 2024

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

He didn’t have McCann bunt in the 3rd inning yesterday. Didn’t PH for him in the 5th. Admitted that he let Burnes make the choice to pitch to Witt yesterday (which scored the game winning run). 

Then today, he doesn’t PH for Cowser in with the bases loaded against a LHP. He has his best reliever throw 0.2 IP and then brings in Perez (who had a 4.50+ ERA on the season and a 9 ERA in September) in the biggest shutdown inning of the season. 

More than just those decisions, something is severely messed up in that clubhouse based on how they have performed in pressure situations. He can’t make them hit, but he also let their mindset/pressure handling completely snowball. That’s his clubhouse and they were completely lost the last 3 months and in this series. He’s also 0-5 in the playoffs. Results matter at the end of the day and he hasn’t won a single playoff game in 2 years and just got swept at home by an 86 win team. That’s not good enough whether you want to admit it or not. 

Co-signed

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

They weren’t loaded.  Going into that season they weren’t being picked to win their division. 

They had deGrom, Scherzer, Bassitt, man. 

Their offense had Alonso, McNeil, Lindor, Marte, Nimmo, and Canha.

Their bullpen had Diaz and Ottavino as their 1-2.

They were loaded!

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Was pretty good for a year. 

I'm not advocating for Hyde but the problem seems deeper than him. It took a lot of losing to accumulate this talent,  but there's been a shortcoming of putting the finishing touches on it. I'd hate to see this team go down the same road as Toronto. 

Hyde is about to speak. I bet he is his usual self and doesn’t call out this team and say they have to hit better.  Next year play all the young guys.  Get a veteran that can lead and knows how to hit.  Enough of this garbage. Mounty needs to go.  Get rid of Urias.  Mateo can stay. 

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

I'm not advocating for Hyde but the problem seems deeper than him. It took a lot of losing to accumulate this talent,  but there's been a shortcoming of putting the finishing touches on it. I'd hate to see this team go down the same road as Toronto. 

I am not even saying it’s fair to completely blame this on Hyde, but they need a change.  He is too passive. 

Everyone better get the delusion that Hyde will get fired out of their heads. Can’t wait for the offseason of “we’re getting guys back next year!” And “orioles interested in…insert free agent” only to watch them lowball like always. 

But, hey, we’re a great REGULAR season team at least!!

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

They had deGrom, Scherzer, Bassitt, man. 

Their offense had Alonso, McNeil, Lindor, Marte, Nimmo, and Canha.

Their bullpen had Diaz and Ottavino as their 1-2.

They were loaded!

Yeah, at the end of the season that looked great. Going into the season plenty picked them to finish 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I can’t believe he didn’t PH Mountcastle in the 8th. His bullpen usage was fine today and I can’t critique culture or whatever, but that was a no brainer to me.

I can’t believe he let Cowser bat in the bases loaded inning.  What is this man thinking????   Then he subs for him later.   Too late pal. 

One thing I hate to break to everyone is Rubinstein is going to be an incredible disappointment.  I don’t think he will spend that much more and will spend less as a percentage of the top clubs than Angelos did in the 2014-2017 era. 

I don't like a lot of Hyde's decisions but I don't have a problem with anything he did this series. Ramon Urias getting a bad read and not scoring from 2nd yesterday on a single. Cowser swinging on a would-be RBI HBP. Jordan Westburg throwing to the wrong base. None of these are on Hyde. We could use Bobby Dickerson back though to teach some fundamentals.

• Like 1

Just now, baltfan said:

One thing I hate to break to everyone is Rubinstein is going to be an incredible disappointment.  I don’t think he will spend that much more and will spend less as a percentage of the top clubs than Angelos did in the 2014-2017 era. 

I think he'll spend but I think he'll ramp it up over time and not have a blowout off-season like the mets with what's his name did