Holliday called up!

jcaponio

Just now, ChuckS said:

Why debut him in the second game of a series in Boston and after starting a series in Norfolk. They had the off day yesterday.

Too many things point to this not being planned ahead of time. 

Because he went up against a LHP tonight and held his own? They probably wanted him to get reps against LHP, nothing more nefarious.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ChuckS said:

Why debut him in the second game of a series in Boston and after starting a series in Norfolk. They had the off day yesterday.

Too many things point to this not being planned ahead of time. 

Because it’s the last possible day for him to be eligible to accrue full service time next year.  

If they were trying to game his time they simply call up someone else….or no one at all.   

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Only on the OH could the #1 prospect get called up and people would be like “this is dumb, why not just start him in Baltimore on opening day?”

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. If the Orioles win the World Series in 5 games, some of you would be upset they didn’t win in 4. 

I hope he gets the start tomorrow and rips up the Sox and goes on to win ROY. 

Probably the most accurate post ever on the OH. It just sucks that you thought of it and I had to rep you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. If the Orioles win the World Series in 5 games, some of you would be upset they didn’t win in 4. 

That’s total bs!!

Some posters would gripe about the lineup and bullpen usage even if they win the World Series in four games. 😎

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Only on the OH could the #1 prospect get called up and people would be like “this is dumb, why not just start him in Baltimore on opening day?”

I hope he gets the start tomorrow and rips up the Sox and goes on to win ROY. 

We all know someone who would win a million dollars and then complain that it was given to them in 1s.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Signing Kemp for 10 days makes no sense unless somehow his deal was a split deal. Unless it’s an injury. 

Why? He makes a tad over  league minimum.  Seems like it makes perfect sense.  They likely knew that was the plan/date all along.  Strange thing is why not just stick with Wong.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Because it’s the last possible day for him to be eligible to accrue full service time next year.  

If they were trying to game his time they simply call up someone else….or no one at all.   

We’ll find out tomorrow. I’d bet on an injury to someone. 

• Upvote 2