The official “We need starting pitching” thread:

DocJJ

We needed pitching yesterday bit not necessarily because of Kremer.  Not a good game for him but like others have said the Brewers are red hot and got a little lucky.  Plus there are the errors.  Wells and Irvin are the bigger concerns.  Still, I doubt the FO does anything until they have more info on Means and Bradish.

I am going to disagree.....for right now. 

If....BIG IF....both Means and Bradish pitch from May through the rest of the year than I am more than happy with that staff.  A top 4 of Burnes, G Rod, Means and Bradish is as good as any in baseball.  Assuming....again big IF....they all stay healthy.  Add in Kremer and that is a very solid 5.

I am more concerned about our run production.  If we are going to struggle, I would rather do so with AAA guys like Heston, Mayo, Stowers, and Norby.  Guys that will be here for the next 5 years and are an actual part of the future.  Rather than guys like Mateo, Urias, O'hearn, Hays etc.

Those guys all suck NOW and won't be here in 5 years.  So why in the heck play them or have them on the team? 

Either go all in with the guys that you drafted and are doing well in AAA.....or fold.  But this in between stuff is not helping.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

The 4 runs in the 3rd inning off Kremer were off a bunch of bloop singles and 1 hard hit. I'm not worried about Kremer yet.

There were several hard hit balls in the second. One that would have been a hr in any other park but Camden. 

59 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am going to disagree.....for right now. 

If....BIG IF....both Means and Bradish pitch from May through the rest of the year than I am more than happy with that staff.  A top 4 of Burnes, G Rod, Means and Bradish is as good as any in baseball.  Assuming....again big IF....they all stay healthy.  Add in Kremer and that is a very solid 5.

I am more concerned about our run production.  If we are going to struggle, I would rather do so with AAA guys like Heston, Mayo, Stowers, and Norby.  Guys that will be here for the next 5 years and are an actual part of the future.  Rather than guys like Mateo, Urias, O'hearn, Hays etc.

Those guys all suck NOW and won't be here in 5 years.  So why in the heck play them or have them on the team? 

Either go all in with the guys that you drafted and are doing well in AAA.....or fold.  But this in between stuff is not helping.

I’m sorry but this is not the season to just simply “play all the young guys” and see what happens. Maybe that was okay in some recent seasons gone by. But now it’s about the wins and losses. The results matter now. What happens in 5 years is impossible to tell given so much variance between then and now. We must focus on this season.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Dude, give it up.  There ups and downs to a season.  We aren’t going out and getting an ace.  We’re going to ride with what we have.  Means and Bradish look to be coming back.  Kremer ain’t going anywhere.   We’ll see where this team stands in July.   

The young guys, Westburg and Cowser are looking good.  Holliday will be good.   Povich just had his third real good start in a row.   The team isn’t going all in so they can do their best to win a championship for you.  

I don’t think you comprehended to context of his post.

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don’t think you comprehended to context of his post.

Maybe not.  I’ll delete.  I have the looney tunes who he quoted on ignore.

Edited by RZNJ

I said it in the offseason that I didn't like changing up the Pitching Coaching staff after they just had so much success with average talent. 

As for needing help right away, Zach Greinke is available and still wants to pitch if you want to take a flyer on him at his age.