Ryan O’Hearn 2024

Frobby

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think pitcher's platoon splits can be larger, and not just due to random variation. Because pitchers can employ strategies that emphasize the platoon split, like throwing sidearm sweepers/sliders that are vastly more effective against same-sided hitters. Hitters really don't have the option of using some kind of strategy that is wildly more effective against one type of pitcher, or one hand of pitcher.

The first part is what I was trying to say. I think it works both ways for pitchers, though: some should be able to reduce or eliminate the platoon advantage because they are good at throwing pitches that are effective against opposite-side hitters, like the backfoot slider or those pitches we're told "act like a screwball." 

Posted (edited)

In Road games vs RHP, I like O’Hearn in LF, and that would open up the door for Kjerstad/Mayo at DH. Just something to watch out for in the future. I don’t know if they’d yank Mayo around like that, but it could be a play the matchup thing with Kjerstad. 

It would really deepen the lineup. 

Edited by sportsfan8703