Saturday April 27: O's vs A's on Hyde Bobblehead Day

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Now thaf Jim mentions it, I like this too. A manager who lets his starter stay in and pitch to preserve the bullpen and get his ERA down and doesn't pull him at first sign of trouble.

I miss the old days of starters pitching deep into games to get over a bad inning.

A's manager probably realizes their pathetic offense is not going to score 5+ so would rather save the bullpen for tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Now thaf Jim mentions it, I like this too. A manager who lets his starter stay in and pitch to preserve the bullpen and get his ERA down and doesn't pull him at first sign of trouble.

I miss the old days of starters pitching deep into games to get over a bad inning.

It sort of backfired. His ERA went up.

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Irvin, Suarez and to a lesser extent Kremer know they are pitching for their spots.  Suarez probably knows he's pitching for his MLB career.

Yep. This is what you wanna see. 

I think a lot of people here forgot just how good Irvin was in the 2nd half last year. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Yep. This is what you wanna see. 

I think a lot of people here forgot just how good Irvin was in the 2nd half last year. 

I think there no chance Kremer is pitching for a spot. None, whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Is Irvin going to the IL?

Good question. He recovered from getting hit in his pitching hand, but his throwing hand is still at risk to swell or bruise. Plus the front office might see it as an opportunity to manage the incoming log jam with the returns of Bradish and Means so they know how those guys look in the return at the MLB level.