Anniversary article Chris Davis Pitching.

I saw this game. I saw it in real time, and I remember thinking, after the last out,”someone better get the game ball, because NOBODY is gonna forget this game.”

And just as if he read my mind, Mark Reynolds got the game ball and gave it to Chris Davis.

This is a link to an article by Grant Brisbee, written the next day. Brisbee is the best sports writer I’ve ever read, and this is funny, prophetic, and a wonderful read. I share so you, too can relive one of the greatest of all Oriole Games.

https://www.sbnation.com/2012/5/7/3004252/baltimore-orioles-boston-red-sox-17-innings-chris-davis-pitching

• Upvote 1

I don't think any Oriole fan who saw that one will ever forget that one. I know it was a Sunday and I thought it was Mother's Day but couldn't have been if it was the 7th. After all those years of losing, the Orioles had gotten off to a good start in 2012 but it was still suspect in early May. I think everybody really starting believing after that game. 

I used Chris Davis as an answer in the Immaculate Grid game last week.   The category was a player who had won a Silver Slugger award and who had compiled an ERA under 3.00 over a season (no innings limit).   

One of the coolest games in the last 25 years for the Orioles.  The relay from Adam Jones to whoever to home was freaking awesome.  Then to have Chris Davis striking people out like he was Nolan Ryan was just funny.  

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I used Chris Davis as an answer in the Immaculate Grid game last week.   The category was a player who had won a Silver Slugger award and who had compiled an ERA under 3.00 over a season (no innings limit).   

Syndergard? He had a rep as a good batter, I think?

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Syndergard? He had a rep as a good batter, I think?

I’m sure there were several, as I hadn’t realized they gave a Silver Slugger for pitchers.  Yovanni Gallardo was the most popular correct answer.  

• 2 weeks later...