NC State v. Maryland

Lucky Jim

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The move of Hayes to the bench was really a good move by Gary. He plays with so much more confidence, and really provides a lift time and time again.

Great game from Hayes. Exceptional game from Vasquez. Gutty comeback.

How about we all agree that you throw down post 1 again tomorrow; but this time before the opening tip? :D

Ok, so here is my MD story, and I am sticking to it.

I have to turn in my man card right now as I admit that I was drinking wine while watching the MD game. I drink wine normally, but I drink beer more. So it wasn't out of the ordinary for me to be drinking on some wine, but come on. I am a sports freak. Never in my life would I think I would be drinking wine watching the Terps play basketball, especially in the ACC tournament.

Well I was getting pissed. I think the Terps were down by 1 with like 4 something to play. I finally went off the deep end. I got up, marched into the kitchen and told my wife I have had it. I couldn't sit here and drink wine while my terps were playing like how I was acting "a sissy (family friendly ;) )

So after I go into the fridge and get a natty boh can, I crack it open and right after my first swig, Hayes hits a 3 and puts us up by 1. And then Mosley drives hard to the hoop and hits a layup. And then Vasquez hits a 3. I mean you couldn't script this. I changed the course of the game by manning up and getting a damn beer.

Fascinating.

Lets see bryanman bash THAT win.

This was a fun game to watch. The beef jerky references with regards to Dave Neal were a bit off-putting, but it was sweet to see us turn the initial tide with that 3-2 zone. I hope we're ready for Wake.

Special bonus: the game ended just in time before the new office episode.

Lets see bryanman bash THAT win.

This was a fun game to watch. The beef jerky references with regards to Dave Neal were a bit off-putting, but it was sweet to see us turn the initial tide with that 3-2 zone. I hope we're ready for Wake.

Special bonus: the game ended just in time before the new office episode.

Rewarded with an excellent episode of the Office (and a not-bad episode of 30 Rock).

So where do we stand now? Win tomorrow and in?

Yes...A win by the Terps tomorrow and they are in IMO.

As it is, they are close now...probably the 68th or so team.

Some bubble teams lost today, effectively knocking them out of tourney consideration.

Hope for Baylor losing tomorrow.

Ok, so here is my MD story, and I am sticking to it.

I have to turn in my man card right now as I admit that I was drinking wine while watching the MD game. I drink wine normally, but I drink beer more. So it wasn't out of the ordinary for me to be drinking on some wine, but come on. I am a sports freak. Never in my life would I think I would be drinking wine watching the Terps play basketball, especially in the ACC tournament.

Well I was getting pissed. I think the Terps were down by 1 with like 4 something to play. I finally went off the deep end. I got up, marched into the kitchen and told my wife I have had it. I couldn't sit here and drink wine while my terps were playing like how I was acting "a sissy (family friendly ;) )

So after I go into the fridge and get a natty boh can, I crack it open and right after my first swig, Hayes hits a 3 and puts us up by 1. And then Mosley drives hard to the hoop and hits a layup. And then Vasquez hits a 3. I mean you couldn't script this. I changed the course of the game by manning up and getting a damn beer.

Fascinating.

Do the exact same thing tomorrow. I'm wearing the exact same thing to school. I will have the same water bottle in my basement and I will be lying on the same pillows.

I'm gonna miss the game since I have to drive home for spring break, good thing I have XM radio. It won't be as good but its something.

Also, we gotta have some balls bounce our way tommorow in the rebounding department or we have no shot.

We won.

That's all that matters. Who played good, who played bad, how pretty, how ugly, how close, how big. None of that is relevant at all.

All we needed to do was win, and we did.

Now we're on to the first big one. We have to win tomorrow night against Wake. Again, doesn't matter by how much or how ugly. There are no moral victories. A hard fought loss is the same as a forfeit. Get the win.

I think if we beat Wake, we get in the tournament. I don't care what else goes on with the bubble. If we beat Wake and are left out of the tournament, I'll be furious with the committee. I disagree as strongly as possible with anybody who says our resume, with a victory over Wake, isn't worthy of being in the tournament. We were in before with a win over UVA, win over NC State, and loss to Wake Forest. If we end up going loss, win, win in those games - that's a better outcome, IMO, and we should still be in and actually be more securely in.

Archived