Feeling good about what's happening and what's coming

Posted (edited)

These Orioles are good.  Very good.  The results are ongoing.  IMHO we're strong in all sectors of an organization: Players, Scouting, Coaching, Front Office, and Ownership.

1. We have a multitude of star-level and potential star-level players along with a solid veteran cast. As well, we have some excellent prospects on the verge of helping us.
  2. We have scouts with a good eye for talent
  3. We have quality coaching throughout the system
  4. We have a top-tier front office (which includes our international efforts)
  5. We now have ownership that should be able to re-sign our own guys and even add (gulp) quality free agents, and let the front office do their job. While it's fair to say that Rubenstein has proved little thus far, I expect him to be a good owner. 

Most of the puzzle pieces are in place, but many would agree there is more to do to win a World Series.  What gives me hope is that the resources are in place to make these improvements (bullpen, etc) and a smart GM that can fill our needs. 

Anyway, I'm feeling good and hope you all are, too.

Edited by Greg Pappas
  • Upvote 4

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

Unless injuries or management screws this up, we should have a min of 5 years or really good baseball.

I feel the same way about the Colts.  (not that many of you care)  :)

I  meant "OF really good baseball".

Not sure why I can't edit anymore. 

Posted (edited)

On pace to go 108-54 at the 1/4 pole. 

I’d say we’re pretty darn good. Having Bradish back healthy has been pretty miraculous. Now we have two lefties in our rotation for the Wall. 

Life is good. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

Agreed on all points. As far as bullpen additions, I am hoping that Wells gets back in the next month so that there can be a prolonged stretch of internal bullpen options explored to see the true need at the deadline.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

These Orioles are good.  Very good.  The results are ongoing.  IMHO we're strong in all sectors of an organization: Players, Scouting, Coaching, Front Office, and Ownership.

1. We have a multitude of star-level and potential star-level players along with a solid veteran cast. As well, we have some excellent prospects on the verge of helping us.
  2. We have scouts with a good eye for talent
  3. We have quality coaching throughout the system
  4. We have a top-tier front office (which includes our international efforts)
  5. We now have ownership that should be able to re-sign our own guys and even add (gulp) quality free agents, and let the front office do their job. While it's fair to say that Rubenstein has proved little thus far, I expect him to be a good owner. 

Most of the puzzle pieces are in place, but many would agree there is more to do to win a World Series.  What gives me hope is that the resources are in place to make these improvements (bullpen, etc) and a smart GM that can fill our needs. 

Anyway, I'm feeling good and hope you all are, too.

What an excellent positive post.

I am feeling good too, and Wells in the pen will help,  I'm even more impressed this year with Coulombe.

I didn't imagine Irvin's improvement and Westburg is so solid and consistent.

All we really need is the 2023 version of Bautista, and Mullins to start hitting.

• Upvote 1

The only nit I would pick with this summary is the "solid veteran cast," just in terms of production (lack thereof) so far this season by Mullins, Hays, Urias, and McCann.

Shockingly, Mateo's .250/.300/.438 is good for a 114 OPS+, and similarly, Santander at .218/.300/.451 weighs in at 118 OPS+. Which just goes to show how far offense must be down league-wide.

10 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Unless injuries or management screws this up, we should have a min of 5 years or really good baseball.

Blasphemy! lol

12 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I refuse to be excited about the Colts. It’s same old shite every year with them.