Monday, May 13: Blue Jays come to town

SteveA

13 minutes ago, dystopia said:

This would make more sense if Kimbrel had been throwing strikes lately. Any batter can watch balls go by. 

Doesnt look like we got that Kimbrel today but that doesn’t make the decision any less stupid. 

I think it’s pretty much consensus that getting Kimbrel back on track is a top priority for the organization.

Top of the 7th against one of the weaker 3 hitter stretches we’ll probably see all month feels like a pretty ideal place to get your wayward closer a successful and quasi-meaningful inning under his belt. 

If it was the ALDS, I think he sticks with Burnes. But it’s the middle of May. And a lot of us beat up on Hyde for not having a long-term lens — a little less stress on Burnes’s arm and a good opportunity for Kimbrel to get a clean inning is potentially doubly beneficial over the long haul.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

They will definitely address the bullpen by the break. This team has real issues back there.

It’s given up one run. Do you expect it to always be perfect?

Just now, baltfan said:

It’s given up one run. Do you expect it to always be perfect?

If you think they don't have issues in the pen, then we have nothing to talk about, really. How are they in holds and saves? Acceptable to you?

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think it’s pretty much consensus that getting Kimbrel back on track is a top priority for the organization.

Top of the 7th against one of the weaker 3 hitter stretches we’ll probably see all month feels like a pretty ideal place to get your wayward closer a successful and quasi-meaningful inning under his belt. 

If it was the ALDS, I think he sticks with Burnes. But it’s the middle of May. And a lot of us beat up on Hyde for not having a long-term lens — a little less stress on Burnes’s arm and a good opportunity for Kimbrel to get a clean inning is potentially doubly beneficial over the long haul.

Clearly the priority is not winning this baseball game. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

How are the Orioles anywhere near the top of league batting statistics? Feels like night after night bats are cold.

my thoughts exactly...a couple of big runs games..but night after night its mostly an offensive struggle;

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

How are the Orioles anywhere near the top of league batting statistics? Feels like night after night bats are cold.

We’ve been slipping since the Reds finale. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Malike said:

If you think they don't have issues in the pen, then we have nothing to talk about, really. How are they in holds and saves? Acceptable to you?

We play a ton of close games.  Bullpen usage is more the issue to me.  Hyde burns his relievers a bit.  Also guys like Burnes have to go a bit deeper.