Monday, May 13: Blue Jays come to town

SteveA

2 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Cowser takes a fastball right down the plate lol. I don’t think he’s got to much going on upstairs. 

A fastball that he missed his spot badly. That’s a mistake that MLB hitters make you pay for.

3 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Cowser totally bombed.  All he had to do was hit a ground ball to score the runner and third and he looked at a strike down the middle of the plate.  Easy to see why he's got detractors.

How know, foul Cow? That was among the worst ABs in a clutch situation, against a so-so pitcher, that I can recall. And it put the game on Cedric's shoulders since pinch hitting apparently wasn't in Hyde's playbook.

4 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Cowser totally bombed.  All he had to do was hit a ground ball to score the runner and third and he looked at a strike down the middle of the plate.  Easy to see why he's got detractors.

He’s consistently failed with men on base for about a month now. Any team the opposition (regardless of pitcher) needs a strikeout they can count on him.

3 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Have a feeling the Blow Jays are gonna pay us back after last year. Probably will be a struggle to win the season series. 

I doubt it. I wouldn’t make the mistake of confusing a bad game or a slight rough patch by the O’s offensively for any kind of notion that the Blue Jays are anywhere close to as good as the Orioles.

• Upvote 1

This team has too many black holes in the lineup right now. Cowser, Mullins, Mateo are all automatic outs. It's like having three pitcher spots in your lineup. It makes it too easy for the opposition pitchers. They can just pitch around somebody to get to them.

You can't expect your top of the order to carry the team without any support from the bottom.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

The 10th ends as a microcosm of the entire game: futility at the plate. Cano coughed it up, but we can't play 495 innings to give the offense a chance to score - at some point they have to get it done. They didn't tonight.

This offense is good, but when it is bad, it is really bad. Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.