Sunday May 19: O's vs Mariners

SteveA

Just now, Philip said:

Please explain to me why, after that call was overturned, it remained a fielders choice instead of a single?

I think it's because you can't assume a double play and they had a sure out at 1B. Just guessing, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Cowser has been helping...that helps a lot..

Wait... he swung at the first pitch.   That isn't driving up Kirby's pitch count.   Seems like you should be upset with him and not pleased.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Please explain to me why, after that call was overturned, it remained a fielders choice instead of a single?

Because if he gets the out at first O’Hearn would have been way out.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Matt Bennett said:

really surprised to see Mounty get doubled up there. Really softly hit. 

Surprised to hear he leads the team in DPs.   He has solid footspeed.   But I guess where he bats in the order there are a lot of guys on when he hits.

And he did what you want in that situation too... he went the opposite way with it.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I would have rather seen Moutcastle strike out than hit into the dp...Not because we didnt score the run, we eventually did. but because it got Kirby a lighter pitch count...

I don't understand the logic, they are really barreling balls on Kirby, why would you want him out of the game?