The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

That’s right …. He’s making them crap in their pants now. He’s better than anything they got in the Padres trade.

They also said it was the same guy as Nick Madrigal. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Does Kimbrel's recent run reduce our need to trade for a closer?  Clearly we need help in the bullpen, but perhaps a couple of trustworthy setup men (one lefty, one righty) would suffice.  

Other than Kimbrel we have ZERO relievers with strikeout/power stuff. It is probably best for our chances for postseason success that we land at least one (whether they finish games on not).

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Other than Kimbrel we have ZERO relievers with strikeout/power stuff. It is probably best for our chances for postseason success that we land at least one (whether they finish games on not).

It would be a lot easier if Danny were here

Mariners drop the rubber game with Toronto to let Texas back within 6 games of the AL West lead.

Texas anywhere close to the hunt after last year's success by trying very very hard probably isn't going to irritate their champions in the clubhouse.

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

That’s right …. He’s making them crap in their pants now. He’s better than anything they got in the Padres trade.

Thorpe has pitched well.  We’ll see if it continues but they have to be happy with him so far.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Thorpe has pitched well.  We’ll see if it continues but they have to be happy with him so far.   

Agreed but if Ortiz plays to his first half he’s a 4 WAR player. Thorpe’s current WAR is 1.1

They win the trade because Cease is the 4-4.5 ERA player he’s mostly been as opposed to the one year Cy Young wonder. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well you would definitely know that thats how they roll over there. Complete to a point homers, Whatever prospect you put up , let me show you his warts, in the meantime my vet trade target with warts is flawless

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Agreed but if Ortiz plays to his first half he’s a 4 WAR player. Thorpe’s current WAR is 1.1

They win the trade because Cease is the 4-4.5 ERA player he’s mostly been as opposed to the one year Cy Young wonder. 

Thorpe only has 5 starts or so.   

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

Well you would definitely know that thats how they roll over there. Complete to a point homers, Whatever prospect you put up , let me show you his warts, in the meantime my vet trade target with warts is flawless

Yeah, Mr. @Chicago White Sox was practically drooling over the possibility of a Spencer Jones package at one point.   Yankees still won’t trade him?   Must be that 37% strikeout rate in AA.  I guess he just needs some of that Aaron Judge special sauce.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Really …. I remember guys on your board bashing Ortiz, calling him old, and even changed his first name in a few posts. Although I can’t remember what they were calling him. Saying he wasn’t a good fit for the White Sox. 

Oh my board certainly bashed him, some of which I’d agree was poor knowledge of the players and some of which was simply them trolling Sports Guy, but I always liked Ortiz and stated that from day 1 here (just discounted his value to us some due to his age).