The 2024 Trade Deadline

7 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Woo is the better pitcher though 

First 6 starts.  Great.   Last 4 starts.  Not so much.  I believe he’s been on the IL at least 2 times with shoulder issues.   Looks like he’s not 100% now.  I’ll take Miller’s health and pretty good 116 IP over Woo’s health and 49 IP.

I might have been too quick to give up Kjerstad for Miller but it’s definitely worth a debate.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

First 6 starts.  Great.   Last 4 starts.  Not so much.  I believe he’s been on the IL at least 2 times with shoulder issues.   Looks like he’s not 100% now.  I’ll take Miller’s health and pretty good 116 IP over Woo’s health and 49 IP.

I might have been too quick to give up Kjerstad for Miller but it’s definitely worth a debate.

I like Miller as well just think Woo has more upside even with the injury history.

just my opinion I’d guess SEA would be more open to trading Woo the Miller but bo5 have a ton of control remaining.

Crochet demanding an extension to pitch in the postseason is a complete wildcard depending on what kind of extension he wants. Would it be something like buying out two free agent years for ~$50 million? That would make sense if he’s looking to secure that initial lifechanging payday and hit free agency at still a young age. And a pretty decent deal for the acquiring club, he’s obviously a huge injury risk but those are two prime years of an ace. That could even conceivably help his trade value. 

But if Crochet wants a mega deal like he would get if he didn’t have the huge injury question marks, then this absolutely tanks his trade value and the White Sox are just going to end up trading him in the offseason. 

If it’s the former and he wants a reasonable extension to secure a bag and only delay his free agency a little bit, then you keep him on a starter’s schedule as an opener for the rest of the regular season and then ramp him back up for the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Definitely should be interested in Rogers.

Man ….looked at his last start …his WHIP is still not good …a hit an inning plus 2-3 walks over 4ish innings. I’d look for a better option

The needs are clear. 2 starters, 2 relievers. And they need their best players (Henderson, Westburg, Rutschman) to get out of the mental/physical rut they are going through.

At least the last few weeks have made it obvious what their pressing needs are. Let’s see what Elias has up his sleeve. 

11 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Crochet demanding an extension to pitch in the postseason is a complete wildcard depending on what kind of extension he wants. Would it be something like buying out two free agent years for ~$50 million? That would make sense if he’s looking to secure that initial lifechanging payday and hit free agency at still a young age. And a pretty decent deal for the acquiring club, he’s obviously a huge injury risk but those are two prime years of an ace. That could even conceivably help his trade value. 

But if Crochet wants a mega deal like he would get if he didn’t have the huge injury question marks, then this absolutely tanks his trade value and the White Sox are just going to end up trading him in the offseason. 

If it’s the former and he wants a reasonable extension to secure a bag and only delay his free agency a little bit, then you keep him on a starter’s schedule as an opener for the rest of the regular season and then ramp him back up for the playoffs. 

I would definitely tack on 2 years/$50 mill to add on 2 years of control.  I'll even let him cut up all the City Connect Jerseys.  OK I'll pay him to cut up the City Connect jerseys.