The 2024 Trade Deadline

32 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

At this point, I’m just holding on to hope that this is the last time through the rotation where we have to go Kremer/Suarez/bombs away 5th starter. The combination of that 3 has been deadly! And not in any kind of good way.

I sure as hell hope so. I think we all agree on that. 

I’ve always loved the name “Big Maple” but since he left the Mariners he’s been meh. 
He's a good player for my enemy to have.

But now the Bosox will be less involved in other guys, which may mean better things for the Os.

Mark Kotsay gave context on the Mason Miller pinky.    He described the scenario Monday night as Miller releasing some frustration when postgame he was reminded he had a lift session to complete.

He added detail the training table was padded, and that some of why IL necessary is inability to squeeze glove.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Mark Kotsay gave context on the Mason Miller pinky.    He described the scenario Monday night as Miller releasing some frustration when postgame he was reminded he had a lift session to complete.

He added detail the training table was padded, and that some of why IL necessary is inability to squeeze glove.

Well, I guess he got out of the lift session, huh?

• Haha 1

I found this tweet interesting. Now, it’s possible or this is just Bowden’s thought process and he’s completely overrating these guys.

However, whether we like him or not, Bowden is a well connected guy and talks to a lot of people.  If this is the industry wide thought on the potential of these guys, it’s very possible our system outside of the top 4 is going to be looked at more favorably than we might think.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Most prospects are 

To go further since your trying to talk down to another poster in typical fashion.

what would you think the chance of the bust percentage for De Los Santos? Chances of only being a fringe MLB player, chances of being a regular 1B, Allstar ? 

Now where do you grade Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad, And Holliday? I’m sure you’d agree the percentages are all higher probability guys.

De Los Santos probably has a higher ceiling than Horvath … but is also much more likely to fail imo.

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

Right... the injury is not going to be an issue.  The cost, as always is the determining factor.  A ToR is more important to me, but a potentially great closer for 5 more seasons equals 😀.  

Here’s the thing … I don’t think they should do one without the other. Honestly folks have argued a #1/#2 SP plus a second Fedde type. And others said to 2 leverage relievers. I think they need 3 guys and probably an impact RH bat. If that’s Mayo …fine. 

I want the Orioles to be buyers and sellers at this year's deadline. I think the selling process has already started by trading Hays. If someone offers us a good player for Cedric Mullins and Ryan MountCastle, I would trade those guys as well. This year's trade deadline is going to determine whether or not we go to the world series this year.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

403 errors are killing me.  It has been okay for some time, but not today.  It's been hours and I still couldn't post until this moment.  Ah well, I know Tony is on it.

Edited by Greg Pappas
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Seller’s market does not sound like Elias. 

Hindsight, we should’ve just traded Holliday + for Cease last deadline. 

You can't be serious.