The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Winter said:

I don’t think the Dodgers are even concerned with the Padres at all and they just got half their rotation back from the IL 

With Braves down, Padres in NL West have similar formula as AL East.

Win the top wildcard, survive the 2 out of 3 same as one of the Orioles or Yankees will, and you get 5 games with your rival to make the main memory people will have of 2024.

31 minutes ago, bluedog said:

Eflin is an impact starter. Dominguez is a leverage reliever and if you think not trading for a bench RH bat is waving the white flag for a team in 1st place in the AL East at the trade deadline, then I'm not sure what to say.

I was referring to today.   After yesterday.  I watched two games yesterday and listed the needs IMHO.  Ellen isn't bad, but if the orioles wanted to charge to the finish line the needs were as I listed.  

Just now, billhatf said:

I was referring to today.   After yesterday.  I watched two games yesterday and listed the needs IMHO.  Ellen isn't bad, but if the orioles wanted to charge to the finish line the needs were as I listed.  

I don't even know what "charge to the finish line" means. Skubal and Crochet don't seem to be available. Who else as a starting pitcher makes an impact? 

And did you see what Tanner Scott commanded in trade? The O's would have had to trade Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad and probably half a dozen other top 30 prospects to get a #1 starter and a Scott / Miller caliber closer.

The trades weren't available for a reasonable price or Elias would have made them.