The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

There's a positive sign - the O's actually taking on money for a possible rehab project is a good sign for the new ownership kicking in....

He's got 2 additional team option years, but with an absurd amount per year ($16.5m). Buyout is $3m. 

Jimenez is still pretty young, and he has offensive upside. The Orioles probably think this year is the outlier. Buying low is a good thing, can't think that we gave up too much. 

I love the strategy of signing guys that have upside for cheap, and that's what I've seen at the deadline. There's a good chance that Eloy Jimenez has a better career than Kyle Stowers or Connor Norby. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I love it. You guys want us to eat salary. Well we did. 

Well, yeah.  But it's better when the player whose salary we are eating is actually worth doing so.  I love that we will take on money, but if the player doesn't help the team then what's the point?

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

Jimenez is still pretty young, and he has offensive upside. The Orioles probably think this year is the outlier. Buying low is a good thing, can't think that we gave up too much. 

I love the strategy of signing guys that have upside for cheap, and that's what I've seen at the deadline. There's a good chance that Eloy Jimenez has a better career than Kyle Stowers or Connor Norby. 

good take! Eloy has tons of upside as a former top prospect and has shown flashes of being a really good hitter when healthy. Seems like a low risk play for upside. smart.