The 2024 Trade Deadline

Just now, interloper said:

You're inability to see the forest for the trees is really on display today. You spend a lot of time on this forum criticizing people and the deadline has really outed you as someone who isn't able to look at these moves objectively. 

"Outed"?? I don't think I have ever had that word used to decribe me or my behavior...lol

Did I criticize you? Frankly, I don't think you can find many post where I criticize any poster. I do have some critiques for our front office. But I don't think I'm a lone wolf in that regard.

Lastly, would you be willing to say a bit more about "the forest from the trees" comment? I see the big picture which is the World Series and possibly more than what. That's what I care about first and foremost. None of these moves IMO really do a lot to boost that goal significantly.

Just now, capyy said:

good take! Eloy has tons of upside as a former top prospect and has shown flashes of being a really good hitter when healthy. Seems like a low risk play for upside. smart. 

Maybe a Santander type player? We got him on a Rule 5 lo those years ago. 

2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Just bonkers if they trade for an average RHH OF that can’t play the field and just leave their pen as is.

Jiminez is a career .800 OPS guy who is only 27 years old. Let's see if the O's can help him get back to the 141 OPS+ form he had two years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

Maybe a Santander type player? We got him on a Rule 5 lo those years ago. 

i don't think he can play the field as well but the bat may actually have more upside (acknowledging how awesome santander has been). 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, capyy said:

twhy not just enjoy the best and most exciting orioles team in a long long time and a great GM and great owner. 

It's hard (that's what she said) when you've been through 41 years of no WS.

It's almost engrained that we'll do the wrong thing but the new ownership is a a godsend.