How much longer for Mullins

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Big Al said:

2 for 4 today with a triple (off a lefty) and a stolen base. Let’s hope he’s turned the corner. 

I hope the Orioles keep him in the lineup tomorrow. Cedric did hit the ball well in Toronto one game even though it didn't result in any hits. Maybe Mullins is finally breaking out of this slump.

The Orioles don't need 2021 version of Mullins, but if he's close to his 2022 production (or pre-second half 2023) that's good enough with his defense in CF.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

The O's have enough offensive production from just about every other position that they can get by with below average production from CF.  They need Mullins to at least have productive at bats though.  If he can put up an OPS in the low .600's, that should be more than enough.  I'm still not sure Cowser is a long term answer in CF.

8 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

This may be silly to consider, but people, including ballplayers, need glasses as their sight degrades.  I imagine that the club monitors this with the money invested, but I have no idea.  What if it's that simple?  Could it be that Cedric needs glasses?  Can anyone inform me/us for certain whether the team performs an annual eye check, or is it left to each player to handle themselves?  I've always wondered about this.

Again, just throwing it out there.

I recall that Brian Roberts wore special contact lenses for day games at one time.  Can't remember whatever became of that.

https://vault.si.com/vault/2005/06/06/taking-the-red-eye

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm a self admitted "emotional whiner". I can understand people who get annoyed with it. Hell, I get annoyed with me too sometimes. But I love the Orioles and this specific team, and it is my right to whine, and be exasperated and furious and happy and giddy, and whatever else in watching this team. I LOVE Cedric Mullins, and want him to deliver something great at the plate, but he just cant hit the baseball  well now and hasn't for some time. I  think its time for him to be a defensive replacement , try and find his swing in the minors, or be traded at the break.Maybe NONE of these things will happen...but I will "emotionally whine" when he continues to struggle. I am not a cheerleader for this team. I love it when they play well and I write it when they do. But I have the right to be pissed when they fail too.I think it may be in the "Bill of Orioles fan Rights".

You do you Roy.  The difference is, that when you whine about a player or an expected outcome, the reverse always seems to come true.  Mullins went 2 for 4 today!!!  The Roy Firestone reverse jinx is a fact!  😄

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Question from a non-FB user: what’s the reason someone would post on the OH FB page rather than here?  Are there advantages and disadvantages?   What’s the volume like here vs. there?

Not knocking anyone, it’s just a different platform. It’s similar to the game thread level posting here. People are on top of the O’s breaking news there. It’s quick. It’s probably less pressure to post on there if you’re a new fan to posting online about the O’s. It just takes more filtering overall. It’s interesting to see the makeup of our fanbase. 

15 hours ago, BRobinsonfan said:

You do you Roy.  The difference is, that when you whine about a player or an expected outcome, the reverse always seems to come true.  Mullins went 2 for 4 today!!!  The Roy Firestone reverse jinx is a fact!  😄

Let's hope this is a reverse Roy jinx.  Mullins has looked overmatched at the plate for several weeks.  It was great to see him hit a couple of balls with authority yesterday.  

• Upvote 1