What does the Bradish injury really mean?

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because I don’t believe he will believe that going with Kremer and Irvin in games 3 and 4 is our best way to win a title…especially with a shaky pen.

You love your trade scenarios. 

What would you be willing to give up for say Crochet and Brebbia? 

Man, we're so unlucky. Someone should run stats on how frequently pitchers need TJ surgery by team. We've gotta be up there. Every time our rotation looks good, half of them blow up their elbows.

And it's not just SP. Felix too. Basically any impact player who's a pitcher is in serious danger of losing 1.5-2 seasons when pitching for the O's.

Edited by allquixotic

If you add a #3 starter to Burnes and G-Rod you can still win.  Yes. the pen needs to be upgraded at the deadline with preferably 2 quality arms.  The problem is Elias is likely only going to get 1 SP and 1 quality guy for the pen, so hopefully you can get McDermott rolling late and added him to pen.  Assuming Danny's injury isn't serious, that's still a legit team which is pretty impressive when you consider Means, Wells and Bradish all going down. 

1 minute ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Good point, for sure. He's never had the 'win now expectations' he has now. 

The win now thing should extend past this season. They could trade the farm away to try and be completely all in or they could punt the season, trade Burnes at the deadline, bring the kids up like they intended to last year, and see what you have in them.

I'm sure they'll be trying to go all in, but wouldn't complain about the second scenario.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Man, we're so unlucky. Someone should run stats on how frequently pitchers need TJ surgery by team. We've gotta be up there. Every time our rotation looks good, half of them blow up their elbows.

And it's not just SP. Felix too. Basically any impact player who's a pitcher is in serious danger of losing 1.5-2 seasons when pitching for the O's.

Tampa fans have come to find humor and anger simultaneously with their pitchers' injury woes. 

edit: I took a couple minutes to call all of them to confirm my statement......totally true!

Edited by UMDTerrapins
  • Haha 1

Between now and trade deadline , we’re going find out Suárez , Irvin and Povich are what made of . This is their opportunity to lock up rotation slots . I’m not sure how effective Kremer will be . If Elias doesn’t trade for a starter, then they will roll with what they have . For better or worse .🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

The win now thing should extend past this season. They could trade the farm away to try and be completely all in or they could punt the season, trade Burnes at the deadline, bring the kids up like they intended to last year, and see what you have in them.

I'm sure they'll be trying to go all in, but wouldn't complain about the second scenario.

I always thought that next year and the year after were maybe better chances to win a WS than this year was, so I really hope they don't trade the farm away. Of course, the problem with that is Burnes imo is pretty sure to leave and we would be right back where we were looking for a TOR starter. Even knowing that, I think I still prefer staying the course for better or worse this season.

24 minutes ago, O's84 said:

If you add a #3 starter to Burnes and G-Rod you can still win.  Yes. the pen needs to be upgraded at the deadline with preferably 2 quality arms.  The problem is Elias is likely only going to get 1 SP and 1 quality guy for the pen, so hopefully you can get McDermott rolling late and added him to pen.  Assuming Danny's injury isn't serious, that's still a legit team which is pretty impressive when you consider Means, Wells and Bradish all going down. 

We hit Montogomery but in general he and Eovaldi carried Texas. That said, Heaney came up big for them at times in the playoffs. 

Just now, Allan Bryant said:

They have 45 days left to analyze your guy and many others to make a list of targets till then 

Yeah. Nothing is going to happen for awhile. 8-12 teams probably have no idea what they are going to do.  

Biggest hope is health of Burnes and Grod. Losing Bradish is huge but we can overcome it.  

1 minute ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I always thought that next year and the year after were maybe better chances to win a WS than this year was, so I really hope they don't trade the farm away. Of course, the problem with that is Burnes imo is pretty sure to leave and we would be right back where we were looking for a TOR starter. Even knowing that, I think I still prefer staying the course for better or worse this season.

Next year they could be without Burnes and Bradish. Then if anything happens to GRod they are absolutely screwed. They don’t need to trade the farm for a TOR starter this year but they could trade for a SP like Kikuchi/Fedde that is a fine 3/4 and better than Kremer/Irvin. Then trade for at least 1 RP (if not 2) that is a pending FA (like Garcia) or someone with control (like Nardi). So they can definitely upgrade and “go for it” this year without selling the farm or their top prospects. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I think with the volatility of pitching there are no better years anymore. You can argue that parts of the team could be better in a year or two. 

I hope the Orioles are like Atlanta and get to the playoffs many times. Then see what happens. When the Cardinals won their 2 titles under LaRussa it wasn’t the two best teams he had.