O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Luis Gil can be wild, and the Yankees bullpen has been similarly taxed.

Tomorrow is a top tier pitch count kind of day.

Cashman and Elias both might have stuff to do next 12 hours.

Yeah, Gil is also a guy who has never pitched over 100 innings. Even if he's going good he doesn't go past 6. We need to make them work and a big game from Irvin would be huge.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Luis Gil can be wild, and the Yankees bullpen has been similarly taxed.

Tomorrow is a top tier pitch count kind of day.

Cashman and Elias both might have stuff to do next 12 hours.

I don't know who it would be, but it wouldn't surprise me if a roster move was made in advance of Thursday afternoon's game to help out the pitching staff.

8 minutes ago, G54377 said:

"The Orioles pitching style". LOL. Bro you hit our best player tonight and threw chin music at him yesterday. You've pitchers have hit more players than any team in baseball. GTF over yourself. 

Bush league move by the Yankees, but karma got them as it turned out we would not have gotten to extras without Gunnar's run. I guess they care more about ego than winning ball games. 

I was just hoping for 1 win out of 3 but now I am greedy and let’s take 2.   I mean we just beat the past CY young winner with a guy that looks like he hasn’t hit puberty yet.  I don’t know who looks younger Cade or Jackson?  

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Bush league move by the Yankees, but karma got them as it turned out we would not have gotten to extras without Gunnar's run. I guess they care more about ego than winning ball games. 

Earl had the right attitude on this one:

Weaver implored his pitchers never to intentionally throw at a hitter because "It might lead to a fight. And if there's a fight, our guys and their guys are going to get ejected, and our guys are better than their guys, so we're going to lose on that exchange. So, don't hit them!"

• Upvote 4

With all of the talk of bullpens and benches how is it that the best team in baseball with the 300M+ payroll has Jahamai Jones as their last hope with Tate on the ropes.   The Skanks bailed Tate out with the CS and then sent up one of the worst hitters in baseball.   Thank you.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

With all of the talk of bullpens and benches how is it that the best team in baseball with the 300M+ payroll has Jahamai Jones as their last hope with Tate on the ropes.   The Skanks bailed Tate out with the CS and then sent up one of the worst hitters in baseball.   Thank you.

Their current bench does not strike fear into anyone.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't know who it would be, but it wouldn't surprise me if a roster move was made in advance of Thursday afternoon's game to help out the pitching staff.

I think there is a very good chance Luis Gonzalez is called up.

Could possibly call 2 up, but not really anyone else in AAA worth it and available. Kade Strowd would be a stretch.

19 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The O's really made it harder than it needed to be tonight.

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I think there is a very good chance Luis Gonzalez is called up.

Could possibly call 2 up, but not really anyone else in AAA worth it and available. Kade Strowd would be a stretch.

Any guess on who is optioned? Tate or Baker? I’d imagine they would keep Vespi over him since he was the first call up.