Who goes when Kremer comes up?

Three Run Homer

10 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Was really hoping Irvin would be able to hang in the rotation I wanted Suárez to the bullpen but Irvin in struggling. Heck maybe he is pitching hurt and he goes on the IL 

If Irvin is pitching hurt , he should have reported it. But if he’s healthy, back to the bullpen he goes 

40 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

If Irvin is pitching hurt , he should have reported it. But if he’s healthy, back to the bullpen he goes 

He looks like same guy from start of last year.  He isn’t wild but has no command and can’t get the ball in on right handers to inside corner.  He is either yanking it way inside and not a competitive pitch or leaves it out in middle third to get hit hard.  He just has no command to place his pitches where he needs them on the black and off edges.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He looks like same guy from start of last year.  He isn’t wild but has no command and can’t get the ball in on right handers to inside corner.  He is either yanking it way inside and not a competitive pitch or leaves it out in middle third to get hit hard.  He just has no command to place his pitches where he needs them on the black and off edges.  

Funny, reading this post in the sidebar under the thread title, I assumed you were talking about Kremer. I dunno, maybe the shoe fits him too. Anyone heard otherwise lately?

1 hour ago, now said:

Funny, reading this post in the sidebar under the thread title, I assumed you were talking about Kremer. I dunno, maybe the shoe fits him too. Anyone heard otherwise lately?

Looking at Kremer's rehab starts results haven't exactly filled me with a sense of relief that he will be starting O's games again soon.  Any eye witnesses to make me think otherwise?

It's a tough question because Irvin's recent performance has been horrible, so he is the starter most deserving of losing his spot.

But Suarez, IMO, could be a really effective reliever, moreso than Irvin, and i would love to see him get the opportunity to prove that.

There's an argument to be made either way.

Irvin’s next start is scheduled for @ Oakland. As of right now, we’d be scheduled to have the back half of the rotation for the Yankees series right before the break. I could see us tinkering with the rotation so that we have Burnes and Grayson at least going vs the Yankees. 

I could see us going with a 6 man rotation after the ASG. Especially if we were to make a trade for Scherzer. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Irvin’s next start is scheduled for @ Oakland. As of right now, we’d be scheduled to have the back half of the rotation for the Yankees series right before the break. I could see us tinkering with the rotation so that we have Burnes and Grayson at least going vs the Yankees. 

I could see us going with a 6 man rotation after the ASG. Especially if we were to make a trade for Scherzer. 

I don't see how a team with several starting pitchers who don't often go deep into games, a manager who has a quick hook, and a so-so bullpen that relies a lot on matchups and short relief stints can affors to reduce the number of bullpen arms by using a six-man rotation. 

• Upvote 1