7/3 vs Mariners

allquixotic

Just now, Malike said:

He'll be here to troll JRod if he does something bad.

I don't know, O'Hearn's double went off JRod's glove and there was nary a peep from the Moose.  He must be a no-show tonight.   Maybe he's out setting off fireworks a night early like the folks in my neighborhood.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I don't know, O'Hearn's double went off JRod's glove and there was nary a peep from the Moose.  He must be a no-show tonight.   Maybe he's out setting off fireworks a night early like the folks in my neighborhood.

I’m surprised the backwoods rednecks that live around me aren’t doing exactly that.

Hell, I’m surprised I’M not doing that.

3 minutes ago, 86this said:

Where would Ryan O'Hearn's career be if he weren't on the O's?

Great question, but who knows?  I recall O’Hearn giving a lot of credit to the O’s staff with suggesting some minor swing tweaks that lead to significant improvements.  But he’s the one who is executing.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yes.  Kjerstad is the only one I believe could have an impact in Baltimore going forward.  Even there, I don't love his defense.
    • I don't know if he is or isn't (I have zero knowledge about his trade status). But I'm curious to why you believe that it is "ridiculous". DET is not going anywhere and have not been in the playoffs with Skubal. They are 21st in runs scored, have one good offensive player (Riley Greene) and one young promising offensive player (Colt Keith) who has yet to put it together in his first season. They have no top position prospects who are close to MLB ready (matching Skubal's roster timeline). They best prospect, Max Clark, while very promising, is 19 at single A. They have the 23rd ranked payroll for 2024 at about 107 million (which ironically is a little higher than ours this year), so maybe they could buy a bat or 2 in FA? But how willing are they going to be to do that given what happened/is happening with Javier Baez? Having stated these things, and given the frequency of injuries of pitchers (and their value depreciation) I think it would be very prudent of them to consider moving Tarik Skubal now. They are not going anywhere with him (this season and probably for the duration of his years of control left).
    • In the end I'm guessing DET wouldn't trade us Skubal without at least one of Westburg/Cowser/Holliday/Mayo/Basallo. They aren't desperate to trade him, so no need to deal him without a player they truly covet. I don't think Kjerstad can be the headliner here. I think the packages we are talking about would get Crochet though, but not Skubal.
    • If you got controllable mid-career Nelson Cruz, sure.  The actual controllable Nelson Cruz was worth about 13 fWAR over 7 seasons (age 24-31), with a 112 wRC+.  The much older 146 wRC+ version of Cruz was obviously a plug and play MOO bat. But for much of his career, he was basically Austin Hays. That’s the problem with guys that can’t give you much defensively — the margin for error is pretty slim on the offensive end. You’re either an elite hitter or else you’re mostly replaceable. 
    • Kjerstad doesn't get you Skubal. Mayo and Kjerstad and a couple of more real prospects get you Skubal.
    • Agreed, but Detroit's approach will depend on whether they are trying to win next year (when Skubal can still be their ace) or whether they see themselves in a long rebuild.  The White Sox correctly understand that they are in a long-term rebuild, so they are more willing to trade controllable assets like Crochet.  
    • In Nelson Cruz's first 6 full MLB seasons he only put up greater than 2.0 WAR one time. The Nelson Cruz that played for the Orioles that one season at aged 34 was about 10 seasons in and his absolute apex (well it actually was the next year with SEA) in terms of WAR. Tarik Skubal has almost a 4.0 WAR (3.9 to be exact) this current season alone so far.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now