58 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Proposal Menrioned in opening post

• Yes
    • No
    • If they’d swop Brebbia for Kopech
    • Add Brebbia for a couple young DSL guys with upside

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

As I study Fedde on the various pages, I’m liking him more and more. His Savant page is far better than Kremer’s, so he’d be our #3, most likely. He’s got a good walk rate, an excellent GB rate, he doesn’t give up a lot of hard contact. He doesn’t K a lot, but who cares?

What am I missing in your reluctance to get him?

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg

It’s kind of unfair to Kremer to knock him down while he’s got a good body of work over parts of 5 seasons versus Fedde and his career body of work. I like Fedde. I think he found something in Korea, but Fedde finding something doesn’t diminish Kremer.

See Fedde in 2022. 

IMG_5668.jpeg

Edited by sportsfan8703

49 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Of course not ….I suggested this 

Crochet and Robert 

For 

Basallo, Bradfield , McDermott, Bright, and Stowers.

And they said we’d be lucky to get Crochet for that 😂

They think Robert is a star despite his low batting average and injury history.

They think Crochet is worth more than Cease. 

Good , they can keep him 

53 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Crochet and Robert 

For 

An average player is going to look like a star on that team. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Crochet and Robert 

For 

I mean, it’s a really bad proposal for both Crochet & Robert.

And yes, I think the guy who put up 4.9 fWAR last year is a star.

3 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

A 3+ FIP isn’t bad, Fedde’s Whip is arguably a more important stat, and 1.1 WHIP is better than league average. His .269 BABIP is worse than league average, so the defense has hurt him a little.He’s had 18 starts for 106 innings or a hair under 6 innings per start, so he won’t wear out the pen. I think he’s a splendid pickup, but would cost more than a prospect in the teens, even with our deep farm.

I think you have the BABIP point backwards.  League average BABIP is .288, so Fedde’s .269 suggests he’s had some combination of good defense or good luck.  Also, per Statcast his 3.13 ERA is better than his xERA of 3.57.   

• Upvote 1

Fedde is a hard guy to peg.    Kudos to him for making what looks like a great choice for his Age 30 year.

It feels a little dicey to me if the first half success (never mind Year 2) can stick as the league digests the changes in his game.

Elias will get to see a couple more starts of his back rotation guys figuring how the Floor v. Upside balance he buys.

I think of Chris Flexen some when I think of him as an Asia guy who had time constrained success coming back to the USA with a new set of skills.

• Upvote 1

Kopech is interesting. As for Fedde? The days of 4.50 ERA and up should be over for the O's. Being this is out of the norm, and not the AL East.. Fedde is not worth it to me.

I'd rather bring up a young guy and work with him than wait for the sky to fall. Maybe Dan D can find a spot for him somewhere.

Just out of curiosity, but which pitchers do you guys like who will actually be available?  Last I checked Crochet was #1 in fWAR and Fedde was #15 (neck & neck with Burnes) and yet half this board wants nothing to with either of them.  Interested in who these high end pitchers are who have question marks and will come at reasonable prices.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just out of curiosity, but which pitchers do you guys like who will actually be available?  Last I checked Crochet was #1 in fWAR and Fedde was #15 (neck & neck with Burnes) and yet half this board wants nothing to with either of them.  Interested in who these high end pitchers are who have question marks and will come at reasonable prices.

Fedde and Crochet cause hesitation due to one season of prime performance and injuries for Crochet. I think we should get whomever we can get a fair deal on. 

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, it’s a really bad proposal for both Crochet & Robert.

And yes, I think the guy who put up 4.9 fWAR last year is a star.

Crochet has injury concerns…can’t pitch 80-100 innings in a playoff run. But you know that and would be saying it or the White Sox were the team buying.

Robert was good last year , but injured and got out of the gate poorly. 

You think it’s a bad deal because you’re a Sox fan. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think most people are interested in Crochet, the risk is he won't help this year and most people here think we can get him for scraps when it's going to cost guys that most people here wouldn't trade. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s kind of unfair to Kremer to knock him down while he’s got a good body of work over parts of 5 seasons versus Fedde and his career body of work. I like Fedde. I think he found something in Korea, but Fedde finding something doesn’t diminish Kremer.

See Fedde in 2022. 

IMG_5668.jpeg

I wasn’t knocking Kremer. To say that B is better doesn’t mean that A is bad. 

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think you have the BABIP point backwards.  League average BABIP is .288, so Fedde’s .269 suggests he’s had some combination of good defense or good luck.  Also, per Statcast his 3.13 ERA is better than his xERA of 3.57.   

Fair point, I did get it backwards. But the main point, that Fedde would be a meaningful improvement, remains.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh boy.

First of all, you know the issues with crochet and none of them have anything to do with talent.  Don’t be naive and act like you don’t get that.

Fedde has been nothing until this year. Is it a first half mirage or more than that? We don’t know. Maybe the sweeper he picked up in the KBO is a true game changer and will change him long term or maybe people just haven’t seen him and they will adjust and his lack of missed bats and Ks will start to catch up to him.

Fedde can be an option but he should be way down the list imo. If other options aren’t there, Fedde can be revisited. Until then, he should be on the back burner and if we lose him because of that, so be it..no real loss.