I admit it--I gave up

Just now, dystopia said:

Definitely catchable, though not a routine play at all. 

While I'm thrilled that they won, I do wonder what that catch would have looked like had he not initially come in. Happy for Mullins too. It seems that he has been hitting into a bit of bad luck lately.

I was at the gym and closed the app accepting the loss. Next time I opened my phone on the next workout I saw they won...

I don't count it as giving up. Watching wasn't doing any good so I changed the mojo...

The last few games, on a number of fly balls to the outfield, it appeared that there was some trouble with either not seeing the ball or misjudging it. I don't know what was going on but I wonder if Verdugo may have had some similar trouble.

I exchanged texts with my Dad after the top of the 9th. "This is vintage Os in my time as a fan. Can't beat the Yankees or Sox in the big games."

"A gut punch." 

Then my 5 year old talked some sense into me. "Dad, you never know, we can win this game. We still have a chance."

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

If Verdugo doesn't take 3 steps in, he catches the ball

Low line drives are tricky for outfielders. He's not the first outfielder to misjudge that type of hit. 

Not routine. But catchable. 

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was at the game and have to say, not a lot of people left.  Many had bailed out in the middle innings due to the heat, but those who made it to the top of the 9th stayed for the bottom.   Including an extremely sizable Yankees contingent who went home VERY unhappy!   Boo hoo!

I held a door for a Yankee jersey on departure, with a damn big smile! 

Driving into the city, just felt like this was going to be an Orioles win and had the same feeling going into the bottom of the 9th.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Low line drives are tricky for outfielders. He's not the first outfielder to misjudge that type of hit. 

Not routine. But catchable. 

Definitely catchable, but I can see why Verdugo jumped forward. You should mostly go forward on a potential game winning outfield hit. Mullins hit a low and outside of the zone pitch, which you want to catch (if it’s a flare), but it carried !