2024 2nd Round Pick (#61): Ethan Anderson - C - (Jr) Virginia (VA)

I don't know much about these young players but the last 2 picks seem like a stretch, I like the 1st round pick. I trust the scouts although this is the first year picking under new leadership so will be interesting to see if these players develop like prior years have?

Have know Ethan since 8th grade, he committed to Uva when he was 13. He has been switch hitting all his life, don't really see the fit because he is definently a hit first catcher that is not super athletic. Great kid super excited he is in our organization but come on Elias we need some pitching.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1.4 million, if he’s careful, could set him up for life even if he’s only 22. I wish him well.

I hadn’t heard the name Cadyn Grenier for a while and looked him up and found out he retired without making it. Made me a little bit melancholy on his behalf. Hope Ethan does better.

3 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Orioles are having a poor draft.

This whole draft is pretty poor in talent overall. Honeycutt was the most polarizing player in the draft, the risk is real, and the reward would be unreal. We'll see how it works out.

Edited by Malike
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mateo, Westburg, Wells, Means, Bradish, Grod, Webb, Colombe, Mountain .......... However this year turns out, it will be cast to me as the one year in 70 that I have listened to/watched Oriole baseball and EVER seen these many losses of top players to injuries during the same season for significant times. IF, we still make the playoffs and go beyond, IMO Hyde should be named Manager of The Year For Life - not just for 2023. I may have orange-colored glasses on or whatever you want to call me, but that is why I refuse to peck on him one game at a time. 
    • The whole idea that somewhere there are teams with “consistent” offenses that average 5 runs a game and never score below 4 is a fantasy.  Here are the top 5 offenses in baseball in runs per game, and how often they have scored 5+, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0 runs. AZD (5.23): 65-16-14-11-14-4 NYY (5.10): 63-19-13-16-6-7 BAL (5.05): 60-20-15-15-10-4 BOS (5.02): 64-16-9-12-16-5 LAD (4.93): 60-23-15-10-11-5 There’s really nothing to choose from there in terms of consistency.   
    • Yeah it was pointed out back in the spring that the lack of optionable guys was going to be a tough thing to maneuver. That, and lack of talent.
    • Yea it doesn’t make sense. You traded for the guy for that specific reason and then you don’t use him.
    • I try not to vent about managerial decisions because some work, some don’t. And I think Hyde gets a lot of unwarranted criticism here sometimes. but letting Mullins hit in a 2 run game in the 7th with no outs and a man on base already was awful. It was a guaranteed out, best case scenario was he walks or maybe advances the runner with a weak grounder. The more likely scenario is he strikes out or pops out which of course he did. It also went against how Hyde has managed R/L matchups all year. As we all know he’s quick to make that change with guys even earlier than the 7th. We really botched that one.
    • Well he has 28Ks in his last 28 innings. I mean even after an 8 ER 4 inning performance he’s a 3.10 ERA pitcher.  His previous start was a 6 IP 3 ER outing. It’s easy to bundle a SSS 3 start stint. But if you extend that to 5 he has 3 QS out of 5.
    • His stuff was noticeably better than his previous stint, particularly innings 1-4.  Fastball was 93-94 v 91-92mph later in the outing which was same as prior avgs.  Curve and sweeper were sharper and more competitive/throw. For strikes&swings.  If Povich can hold the better stuff, he can be an asset in the rotation going forward. 
  • Popular Contributors