July 19th @ Rangers

Just now, oriolediehard said:

All our runs are by home runs!

Was gonna comment on that too. Good times here but as we've seen you live by the HR and die by not hitting the HR

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Tony having a big 2nd half would be awesome and not ideal at the same time. Id like to see Taters back on a 3 yr deal. 

I don’t know if they will want to invest the 60 plus million that is going to take.  

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

I've been telling people since May to take a Xanax, he's going to do his thing.

They should’ve listened. They probably didn’t. He’s been really consistent for the past few years. I think people will appreciate him more if/when he’s gone.

• Upvote 1

My first memory of "taters" is the RS's slugger, hulking (but good-fielding) George Scott, referring to his HRs that way in the 60s an 70s. Did he create the term?

From https://www.espn.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9520950/george-boomer-scott-died-feeling-some-resentment "I love my taters, my sweet potaters, and I love my home runs just like taters," he'd

4 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I don’t know if they will want to invest the 60 plus million that is going to take.  

I think Tony has loved being an Oriole. Great clubhouse presence. He saw the darkest times and Im sure if we are fair to him, he wants to see this thing through. 

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

I think Tony has loved being an Oriole. Great clubhouse presence. He saw the darkest times and Im sure if we are fair to him, he wants to see this thing through. 

Its all about the Benjamins...lots of teams will pay big bucks for him...

2 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

They should’ve listened. They probably didn’t. He’s been really consistent for the past few years. I think people will appreciate him more if/when he’s gone.

All the receipts one can want are in the Santander thread that DirtyBird started, I suppose. They dogged him hard like they've never seen him play before in the colder months.

• Upvote 1