AL playoff picture

eddie83

11 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Holmes blows save in 9th to tie it and Leiter coughed up 2 in 10th.  At the deadline all the negative nannies were saying how great he was and the huge steal they made.  He has been awful so far since coming over.  

So Leiter is their version of Soto 

The Twins, Royals and Astros all could be dangerous at playoff time.  The Twins sat at 33-31 on June 8 and are 37-23 since then.  The Royals were 42-37 on June 23 but 27-18 since.   The Astros started the year 12-24 but are 55-32 since May 8.   All three of those teams have worse records than the Orioles, Yankees and Guardians but have played much better than the top-record teams for a couple of months now.   

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Twins, Royals and Astros all could be dangerous at playoff time.  The Twins sat at 33-31 on June 8 and are 37-23 since then.  The Royals were 42-37 on June 23 but 27-18 since.   The Astros started the year 12-24 but are 55-32 since May 8.   All three of those teams have worse records than the Orioles, Yankees and Guardians but have played much better than the top-record teams for a couple of months now.   

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Most wide open it has felt to me in a long time. 

Of course in short series and with the state of pitching I don’t know if that even matters anymore. It’s anyone’s game. 

Also, the race with the Yankees and O's for the AL East lead seems almost unprecedented (in my poor memory). Neck and neck virtually all year, with the O's riding between 4.5 games down and 3 games up, and since July 27, tied or within a game (+/-) of NY.

Yankees might be in the Goldilocks zone to see Jacob deGrom in one of the two games before he hurts himself again.

I think it is safe now in 2024 to joke about this sort of thing, though I guess it isn't impossible deGrom still throws a perfect game in ALWC game 3 at OPACY.

By fall 2025 the rookie integration taxes may be all paid up and perhaps we can straight beat him.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Royals 27-35 against teams > .500.

Twins are 29-37.

I don't at all disagree that they could be dangerous in the playoffs, any team can, but those 2 have really feasted on lesser competition.

Royals get LAA for 3 this week and then face a pretty tough closing stretch.  Let's see if they hang in there.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Guardians had 1st and 3rd no outs in 10th and didn’t score.  Good teams don’t do that or at least that is what I read on here.  Kwan struck out they walked Ramirez and Naylor hits into double play.  

And the Yankees had 1st and third and 1 out and didn’t score.

5 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

Now do salary for this group. And luxury tax. 

Three of the six are in the bottom third in payroll, the Guardians are spending less than the O's.

KC is right behind the Guardians and they are 20th.

What exactly are you crying about?