Hays traded to Phillies

deward

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Austin Hays numbers in situations that mattered most: RISP .229 Late inning pressure .188 Late inning pressure runners on .111

To be clear, these are 2024 numbers in minuscule sample sizes.  I actually don’t even know what a “late inning pressure” stat is.  Never heard of it.  

I kinda have to giggle at the people criticizing this trade. This board has spent all season saying we need to get rid of Hays because he can't hack it anymore. What did you expect to get for him? What would you give for him?  Seems like a solid trade to me. Unless Pache pulls an Aaron Hicks, he probably gets released at some point. 

2 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

I kinda have to giggle at the people criticizing this trade. This board has spent all season saying we need to get rid of Hays because he can't hack it anymore. What did you expect to get for him? What would you give for him?  Seems like a solid trade to me. Unless Pache pulls an Aaron Hicks, he probably gets released at some point. 

Exactly. Hays is non tender candidate next year. Get anything for him. 

To get Dominguez on the 26 man roster a pitcher needs to be optioned.   I would guess that is Baker.

When Povich is called up next week  either Akin or Smith need to be optioned.   Barring other trades.

Dominguea has 5 years of service time which means he can not be optioned without his permission.