Seranthony Domínguez 2024

Frobby

7 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Are you talking about the play Mullins ran down in CF? That had nothing to do with Walltimore right?

No I think it was a Cowser catch?  Sounds like a Homer off the bat and was run down in that little angled area.

After looking, I think it was during Dominguez’ previous appearance, I wasn’t talking about Manny’s fly, but I can’t find video of the play in question. No matter, though. I’m happy to have him and hope he works out well.

Edited by HowAboutThat

• 2 weeks later...

Hays is dealing with some soft tissue problems again. Wish him the best but this trade is looking like a good value at the moment. I know he still wanted to be an everyday player but his body may not agree with that anymore

34 minutes ago, CTBear said:

Hays is dealing with some soft tissue problems again. Wish him the best but this trade is looking like a good value at the moment. I know he still wanted to be an everyday player but his body may not agree with that anymore

Yes thankfully because the early returns on the Soto trade looks disastrous. Maybe it will be one for the Phillies and one for the Orioles in the win column kind of like splitting a doublehesder

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Yes thankfully because the early returns on the Soto trade looks disastrous. Maybe it will be one for the Phillies and one for the Orioles in the win column kind of like splitting a doublehesder

Trades can be a win for both teams. 

• Upvote 1

Roster Resource has moved to 4-way "CL" label on CK-SD-YC-CP, which I know from hearing their people interviewed it means they have no real guess.

I do believe if Kimbrel is being repurposed to attack righties before the 9th inning and ballplayers generally liking to know what is expected of them Hyde wouldn't want much ambiguity about that kind of thing.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Seranthony now has three saves in a row, including a four-out save today. Just 2 runs, and a 13/3 K/BB in 10 outings since the trade. 

Is the closer role his until proven otherwise? 

Why wouldn’t he be? It’s not like we have any other even decent options.

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Seranthony now has three saves in a row, including a four-out save today. Just 2 runs, and a 13/3 K/BB in 10 outings since the trade. 

Ideally you would have him as an 8th inning guy but with who we have right now I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have in a one run game. For now I would say he is the closer although we may see Cano get some opportunities. 

On 8/18/2024 at 5:14 PM, Spy Fox said:

Well, whatever grip he had on the 9th inning last weekend has loosened after this Mets series...

• Upvote 1